• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 7800X3D Idle Temperatures

Very normal. I have a 7900X3D and access to another system with a 7800X3D and “idle” can be low 50s with wid 80s in Cinebench R23. Gaming is mid 60s to low 70s depending on the game.

Agree with others, this is normal. My 7800X3D sits at around 45 degrees centigrade just doing nothing in Windows. Idling in BIOS I get just over 40 degrees. In contrast my previous 5800X3D would idle somewhere in the mid 30's. For both systems I'm using an AIO with 3 x 120mm fans and have an additional 6 fans for airflow.

Mine idles around 46c to 52c with single fan 120mm air cooler and 60c-70c gaming. Never had heating issues, remember 7800X3D is rated up to 89c. I set the thermal limit to 83c in BIOS for CPU.

So yes yours looks normal.

Last edited:
I had the exact same concern as you, just upgraded from an i9 9900k to the 7800x3d just last week and mine idles in windows at a constant 47 degrees. Have a 360 AIO on it and then added that -30 PBO as recommended so thought it was wrong especially when the 9900k would idle at 31-35 degrees in windows but this is my first AMD CPU since the early 2000s so did think this might be just how they do it. And yes checking around it seems these chip do idle much higher and most people seem to have the same idle temps around the mid to high 40s. When gaming the highest I have seen it go is low 70s on one title, couple in the 60s but most games stay within the 50s so far, that's on a RTX3090 using 3440x1440@165

So I have concluded it is completely normal and just not worry about it and enjoyed the gaming it brings :)

Back
Top Bottom