• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 7900x or wait?

Associate
Wondering why the 7900 is so much more expensive as well. Was really hoping to move to a 12 core!
7800X3d is better at games [on a 4090 at 1080p/1440p], but for most of us that dial up settings to play at close 60fps and probably become GPU bound, I really question if the productivity losses are worth...

Associate
For 7000 series you get what is cheaper. For some odd reason, sometimes the X version is cheaper. You can PC the non-X and get X performance or use Eco mode and run the X version at bon-X heat and performance. The non-X gives you a cooler, that most people won’t use, but is nice to have around if the AIO, which most people use nowadays, fails.
I was tempered by the 7900 too, but decided to get the 7800x3D as the only intensive thing I do is gaming every now and then, but I guess the 7900 still a great CPU for gaming, plus the 12 cores for productivity. Hard choice for those who actually benefit from 12 cores.
Previously using the 7600 non-X and let the motherboard OC it, safely monitored (just in case), and even on Cinebench, all core load, Thermalright cooler or 360 AIO, with the CPU pulling mid 90s W, and a constant 5.15GHz all cores, temperatures never above low 80s Celsius.

Associate
OP
For 7000 series you get what is cheaper. For some odd reason, sometimes the X version is cheaper. You can PC the non-X and get X performance or use Eco mode and run the X version at bon-X heat and performance. The non-X gives you a cooler, that most people won’t use, but is nice to have around if the AIO, which most people use nowadays, fails.
I was tempered by the 7900 too, but decided to get the 7800x3D as the only intensive thing I do is gaming every now and then, but I guess the 7900 still a great CPU for gaming, plus the 12 cores for productivity. Hard choice for those who actually benefit from 12 cores.
Previously using the 7600 non-X and let the motherboard OC it, safely monitored (just in case), and even on Cinebench, all core load, Thermalright cooler or 360 AIO, with the CPU pulling mid 90s W, and a constant 5.15GHz all cores, temperatures never above low 80s Celsius.
I do video editing sometimes so thought the 7900 gave best in both worlds. Though i can't wait to get gameing COD again.

Back
Top Bottom