• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen clock tuner 2.0

Cob

Cob

Soldato
As this is my first AMD chip in over 15 years and I've not done any overclocking since 2016, is this any good?

OwvkUqs.png

I've got PBO enabled, but not sure of the best way to make use of this info
Both results are estimates. The 1250mV and 4700MHz result is the estimated best daily under-volting result. The 1325mV and 4775MHz result is the estimated highest clock frequency whilst keeping a safe voltage. Ignore the bottom 1125mV result.

Click the TUNE button and it will test the 1250mV estimation and fine-tune it. Once it’s finished, you can save the result as P1 in Profile Management. That’ll be your daily result. Then go back into the main screen and change ‘Reference voltage (mV)’ to 1325 and ‘Reference frequency MHz’ to 4475 and hit TUNE again. Once that’s finished you can save it as P2. That’ll be your gaming result.

Associate
The recommendation after testing was -1000mv, so I have used automatic vcore, negative offset at -0.1000v.
Will push it more later on but seems OK so far.

When I set a negative offset on auto vcore/auto clocks - my clocks get stuck at stock 3.8 and don't boost... any ideas?

Soldato
As this is my first AMD chip in over 15 years and I've not done any overclocking since 2016, is this any good?

I've got PBO enabled, but not sure of the best way to make use of this info

As per instructions turn off PBO. I really suggest reading the guide on guru3d and the manual to get the most out of it and/or avoid damaging the CPU.

Also @Jarrod remove any voltage offsets before trying to use CTR, all the pre-requirements are in the instructions and/or guide. You can potentially damage your CPU running CTR with offsets applied.

Associate
I just gave this a go.

Not sure how well it works as I’m on 1.1.9 but it told me my 5800X was Silver.

4550Mhz @ 1250mV for P1 and 4625Mhz @ 1325mV for P2

Seems like I’m better off sticking to PBO with my -5 All core CO for now. That hits 4600Mhz all core with boosts to 5GHz on lighter workloads.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Just finished running it with my 3600 on my MSI B450 board. Unsurprisingly the results are pretty much the same as with v1.1. My weakest CCX gained 25mhz at the same voltages. So within MoE.

Associate
As per instructions turn off PBO. I really suggest reading the guide on guru3d and the manual to get the most out of it and/or avoid damaging the CPU.

Also @Jarrod remove any voltage offsets before trying to use CTR, all the pre-requirements are in the instructions and/or guide. You can potentially damage your CPU running CTR with offsets applied.

Apologies, I didn't mean with CTR - just generally if I use the vcore offset in BIOS, clocks don't boost

Associate
So - once ryzen clock tuner has found the best values, can I just set these in the BIOS and forget about it? Or do I need the app to apply it?

Soldato
I will give it a go later with my 3700x and Asrock X570 Taichi. Had previously fiddled with version 1.1 and from memory managed to undervolt from from the 88w standard to 70w. 1.286v to 1.175v Cinebench scores were consist and so I was quite happy with that.

The whole thing did crash quite a bit so the Phoenix mode setting is going to be fairly useful.

Associate
You can do either
good stuff. with -5 curve optimizer I averaged 50c idle and 75c all core load (4.5ghz). With ryzen clock tuner I average 30c idle and 78c all core load (4.75ghz) - I'll take 20c lower temps and higher all core over a bit of single core performance!

Back
Top Bottom