• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen noob, need advice please

Associate
Ryzen is certainly more scatty. I actually locked my 3700X to 4.3GHz at 1.352v (all cores) - It's stable as hell, temps are better and its over 5200 in cinebench now!
Might be more scatty than the desktop Intel chips but not the HEDT x299 lot - my i7 7820X is all over the place voltage wise (Turbo boost 3.0 doesn't help to reduce the scattiness).

Associate
Might be more scatty than the desktop Intel chips but not the HEDT x299 lot - my i7 7820X is all over the place voltage wise (Turbo boost 3.0 doesn't help to reduce the scattiness).

Oh, 100%. But the random voltages were what lead a lot to believe Ryzen was hot, as it has a scatty idle. As i say, once i locked it down, it was much, much cooler.

Back
Top Bottom