• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen Opinions

Associate
For those who have made the switch from Intel to AMD, what are your thoughts? Gaming performance in particular I am interested in from the 1700 overclocked I know current games are not fully utilising the additional cores but hopefully that will change. Feedback and comments welcome :)

Associate
OP
Excellent comments. Thanks so far.. It is very interesting to read that re BF1 and BF4 too. I plan on gaming at just over 1080p. SOld my PC in November which was running a 4790k at 4.6 stable with 8GB ram. I must admit, I am swaying towards the Ryzen platform.

Associate
OP
Again, thanks for everyone who has commented. It's a case of building from scratch LGA1151 I7 7700k or totally changing and going down the AMD route. What I do like about AMD is they have said they will support the particular platform for years to come. Tough decision, but money is a factor and wanting more "bang for buck" so to speak, more cores... less money?! I just hope that newer games will FULLY take advantage of the additional cores.

Associate
OP
I played Arma 3 which I know is cak in terms of programming and use of multi core systems so i doubt i'll see any difference in terms of FPS or performance going from a 4790k. Wish I kept hold of the PC in a way, but it was getting on a bit.......
BF1 seems to use Ryzen quite well looking at youtube videos.

Smooth gameplay means more than FPS. As long as there isnt a drop in FPS that shows lag, im happy with that

Back
Top Bottom