1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RYZEN & RX 580 LAPTOPS ARE HERE!!!

Discussion in 'Laptops & Tablets' started by Gibbo, Jun 21, 2017.

1. mid_gen

Soldato

I'm in gamedev, so chunky compiles and lighting builds. I'm definitely waiting to see how these review. If they stack up well and don't have any thermal issues I'm probably selling my desktop and moving to one of these.

2. Meaker

Mobster

Same rule applies, that wont drive gaming external graphics.

3. ljop

Gangster

May be tempted, but I will wait for the reviews first.

4. Combat squirrel

Sgarrista

These ever going to come out with more powerful Nvidia graphics cards?

5. Tom@ASUS

Asus Notebooks Rep

We currently have no plans to release a Ryzen/NVIDIA combo gaming laptop. I'm not privy to the exact reasons why unfortunately.

6. Combat squirrel

Sgarrista

Doh, ok thanks Tom, much appreciate the reply - I'd imagine AMD wanting Ryzen/AMD Graphics combos

Any idea if you will release a vega / Ryzen laptop ? That would then have pretty decent graphics :)

7. oweneades

Sgarrista

Bit-Tech have done a mini review / preview of the r1600 model and gaming performance is looking decent. Basically in line with a 7700/GTX1060.

Even if the performance isn't anything to write home about (as in it doesn't redefine gaming performance in its price bracket), it is nice to FINALLY have some competition in the sector.

8. Combat squirrel

Sgarrista

Yeah for sure, I'm just glad there is finally 8 core laptops, content creators have been screaming for this for a decade.

However, iv only the budget to spend big the once and I'm not sure the graphics card is good enough for me as I'll be driving a 4k monitor with it.

My perfect end all laptop would be this cpu or Zen 2 8core with at least 1080ti level graphics, I'd rather spend 2-2.3k on that than 1.6k on this, as I'm spending thousands already.

I'm considering SFF pc as well, if I'm on the road in my van, I can then remote desktop in to it from my laptop I have now if I need power and I'm hooked into leccy.... Otherwise I can just use the laptop when on battery

9. oweneades

Sgarrista

The lack of GPU is certainly a issue I can see some people having. As you mention I would happily have one of these laptops (well the r1700) if it came with a GPU that could match the 1070/1080 (so basically a r1700 / 1080 combo... :p).

Capping out at 1060 performance is a major opportunity missed.