Associate
OP
And they are done.

Yum!

28aIGwb.jpg

x8Yp0JD.jpg

tizxcAI.jpg

Now to get on with the S Frame itself.

The paint is LUMO yellow with a black based marble with silver overlay. 2k clear to finish.

Very pleased with how they came out!

Associate
And they are done.

Yum!

28aIGwb.jpg

x8Yp0JD.jpg

tizxcAI.jpg

Now to get on with the S Frame itself.

The paint is LUMO yellow with a black based marble with silver overlay. 2k clear to finish.

Very pleased with how they came out!

Yeah looks great but I can't bring myself to use 2k paint. Think I'd instantly knacker my lungs. 1k is bad enough with reasonable extraction and normal paint respirator!

Associate
OP
Yeah looks great but I can't bring myself to use 2k paint. Think I'd instantly knacker my lungs. 1k is bad enough with reasonable extraction and normal paint respirator!

Im glad you mentioned this.

I dont use 2k paint at all unless its a clearcoat. 2k paint is toxic as it gets,the components of the hardener are bloody terrible and I do not recommend spraying this in an urban area with neighbours. I spray outside in a full Tyvek suit with a 3m 7500 something mask with the full on NBC filters,even then I should be using filtered airfed masks. Unless you have the right safety gear and an understanding of the consequences,dont spray 2K. I use 2K clear because it dries fast and hard and I can put much heavier coats on so im spraying for less time.

Soldato
Sweet pictures indeed.

Are you running 2 different revisions of the cards? The bottom card has 2 caps at the top of the board, the others have 3. I was admiring the symmetry and accurate replication of patterns when I noticed the mismatched number of caps.

When you're presented with work this immaculate the only things you can focus on are the tiny, tiny ones, and then you sound like a d**k for mentioning immaterial stuff you can't control :p

Associate
Im glad you mentioned this.

I dont use 2k paint at all unless its a clearcoat. 2k paint is toxic as it gets,the components of the hardener are bloody terrible and I do not recommend spraying this in an urban area with neighbours. I spray outside in a full Tyvek suit with a 3m 7500 something mask with the full on NBC filters,even then I should be using filtered airfed masks. Unless you have the right safety gear and an understanding of the consequences,dont spray 2K. I use 2K clear because it dries fast and hard and I can put much heavier coats on so im spraying for less time.

So many guys in the model car world don't bother. I can't understand. They just use a mini spray booth and a normal mask

Back
Top Bottom