Sabertooth X99 And Adaptive Voltage

Soldato
So I changed out my Rampage V Extreme for the Sabertooth simply because I prefer the looks of it.

Now on my RVE I used adaptive voltage with 1.28v on my 5930K for my 4.60GHz overclock with a base clock of 100, Cache at 3000MHz and my memory at it's rated speed of 3000MHz.

I tried the same settings on the Sabertooth and for some odd reason it will not allow me to have anything higher than 2400MHz on the memory without it not being able to boot.

Now if I use manual voltage so it's set to 1.28v all the time with a base clock of 125 and a multi of 36 then it all works fine but then this puts my idle temps up by about 7'c which isn't something I want.

For some reason I cannot get 3000MHz on my memory with adaptive CPU voltage and I have no clue why.

Any input would be appreciated :)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
125 is the native memory strap for 3000mhz just use that it's no issue. All my oc on haswell E is on 125 strap.

Why is your temps up?? Is cache volts higher, vcore higher, sa higher, llc higher etc... or is it just because it's not stepping down at idle?

I mean really I would not care if my idle temps go up. This is not important to me. Load temps are and if the load temps are acceptable. I care more about a fast and stable system for me to use.

At the end of the day the Rampage is a vastly superior board to Sabertooth. Ofcourse this should in theory still work but I personally have not even tested the board and checked the OC socket key voltages etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom