Safari not working on eBay?

Soldato
Guys, just wondering if this is an isolated issue but my Safari kept coming up with errors on certain pages on eBay;

one example is:
Safari Error said:
Safari can’t open the page.

Safari can’t open the page “http://toys.listings.ebay.co.uk/Act...QQfromZR4QQsacatZ4299QQsocmdZListingItemList”. The error was: “cannot decode raw data” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1015) Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

There are many other pages that comes up like that, not a problem when I run it on Camino. Does it happen to you? Try this page: Here

I'm on Safari Version 3.0.4 (5523.10.6), Leopard 10.5.1.

Soldato
OP
It's working fine now with those pages - I did sent a bug report (but I bet it wasn't the reason why it worked :p) I does come and go sometimes though...

Permabanned
Ahh I thought it was just me that gets the 'cannot decode raw data' error message. I get it every now and again, it seems to affect some sites worse than others (like ebay).

I wonder if it's possibly network related (ie. a combination of something on the network and Safari)? I'm using a Buffalo router on Be* broadband and I'm wired straight to the router. It definitely only affects Safari though, no problems on Firefox or on my work XP laptop.

I was also running 10.5.1 but I hit the upgrade button before work this morning so will be interesting to see if this fixes the problem.

Soldato
OP
I'm using Apple Airport Wireless to my Netgear G router...
Don't seem to have a problem the last few days - and I've been ebaying a lot then.

Back
Top Bottom