Safari or Firefox?

Soldato
I use Safari 2 as it just seems more snappy to use than Firefox. Safari ain't perfect tho - crashes too often for my liking, you can't drag the tabs around and it won't open Citrix servers.

I prefer Camino to Firefox as it's more Mac OS X look and feely with the same engine under the hood.

Tried Safari 3 on Windows at work earlier in the week - what a turkey... Slow screen redraws and just the wrong interface. Avoid!

Soldato
MagicBoy said:
I use Safari 2 as it just seems more snappy to use than Firefox. Safari ain't perfect tho - crashes too often for my liking, you can't drag the tabs around and it won't open Citrix servers.

I prefer Camino to Firefox as it's more Mac OS X look and feely with the same engine under the hood.

Tried Safari 3 on Windows at work earlier in the week - what a turkey... Slow screen redraws and just the wrong interface. Avoid!

Safari 3 on Mac does Tab dragging if you really need it!

Rich

Associate
I'd use Safari if only it had an auto resize image to window size function! Seeing as it doesn't, or I've missed this feature some how, I'll carry on using Firefox.

Does any one know if Safari does auto size images btw?

Soldato
Firefox all the way, only use safari on OSX when a page doesnt want to load in FF, weird problem.

Load same URL into another browser and it loads near instatnly but some URLs seem to time out in firefox randomly, annoying!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

A recommend taking a look at the Firefox tweaks page over at http://www.tweakguides.com.

Specificially the network.http, and nglayout.initialpaint.delay tweaks.. they work wonders for speeding up page loading :)

Soldato
Can't get use to Safari, have issues with it, especially when I want to type a blog on Bloggers - it can't display properly. I used Firefox for over 6 month then gave opera a stab - it feels much better than Firefox on OS X, altho it's got a few problems with some sites displays - nothing majorly annoying like not displaying at all. :)

Dru

Dru

Associate
Safari all the way for me, although it does bug me a little bit that I have to install safari stand to force links to open in a new tab automatically and to give me a new tab button in the toolbar.

Camino is my next favourite, light weight and speedy.

The only time I use firefox on my mac is for firebug when testing websites.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
I use camino. I've used all the osx I cared to:

Safari
Shiira
Camino
Firefox
Opera
Lynx

They all have their plus sides, but Camino is my favourite so far just because it seems faster than the others (especially Firefox - it's just a complete sham on [any platform really])

Shiira showed promise, but they've just released one too many RUBBISH versions. their most recent releases have been terrible

Back
Top Bottom