• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Safe max voltage for "winchester" A64 3000?

Soldato
I've got one of these cpus and the stock volts defaults to 1.47Vcore, and I want to see how high I can get it, so does anyone here know what the safe max voltage for one of these is?
Thanks.

Soldato
I'd say go no higher then 1.55 or so, not that you can't go higher, but it should keep temps lower and prolong the life of your cpu.

Thats just me though, you can safely go 1.6vc if you have some really sweet cooling.

Might be helpful to detail what cooling you have.

Soldato
OP
t31os said:
I'd say go no higher then 1.55 or so, not that you can't go higher, but it should keep temps lower and prolong the life of your cpu.

Thats just me though, you can safely go 1.6vc if you have some really sweet cooling.

Might be helpful to detail what cooling you have.

Thermalright XP120 with akasa 120mm ultra quiet fan and pretty reasonable case cooling.

Soldato
OP
I've got one of those DFI RDX200 CR-DR crossfire boards atm and I'm sitting at HTT 250 (2250 mhz) with an A64 3000 "winchester" at only 1.43Vcore, so with a bit of luck I might get about 270 HTT.

Back
Top Bottom