Saitek eclipse question

Associate
I was thinking of getting a new keyboard, and wanted a red illuminated one. Saitek has one coming out in a few days, and it is the eclipse model.

Are the stupid circles pointing out of the corners essential? Has anyone tried dremmeling them out? I would like to do that, but just kinda searching for what other people think first, or if it has been done.

Thanks.

http://www.3dxtreme.net/index.php?id=saitekeclipsese2

Last edited:

kbc

kbc

Associate
Looks tacky from those screenshots, never played with one of those. Are those lights there so that you can sit in the dark whilst typing an email? :)

Associate
OP
Yeah the keys are laser cut and illuminated for night use.

It does look kind of tacky, which is why I am asking if we could axe the protrusions without affecting anything else.

Associate
thefranklin said:
Yeah the keys are laser cut and illuminated for night use.

It does look kind of tacky, which is why I am asking if we could axe the protrusions without affecting anything else.

They don't look tacky though, got an Eclipse myself and IMO they add to the solid look and feel of it.

Soldato
ive got an eclipse too and they are in no way tacky !
im looking at the corners now and i my self am the type to heavily modify things lol... but looking at it id imaging you woyld have to be nifty at filling and painting if you were to remove them... big job maybe not worth it.
i think if you see one in the flesh you will soon change your mind about cutting the corners off lol theyre beautiful keyboards

im guttered that the red one has just come out !! ive had a lye in thinking about my new case and thinking about doing it in a red theme and OMG is that light RED !

Associate
I have one too. Best keyboard i've ever had i'd say. The corners aren't tacky either imo.

The lights are great at night in the dark, very easy to see the keys and it looks nice. Also pretty quiet when you're typing too! :)

Soldato
The Eclipse is in no way tacky. I thought it looked a bit weird from the pictures when I ordered it but I went with everyones recommendations and I wasn't disappointed when it arrived. It is the most solidly build, best looking keyboards I have owed. Its got a nice weight to it, the keys feel good and quiet and it generally feels of very good build quality. Well worth buying in my oppinion.

Associate
you won't be dissapointed if you get on of these if its the same quility as the blue ones. Best keyboard I've used, makes late night gaming so much easier.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys, sounds good. I could really use the illumination, as I like to not have lights on at night and my keyboard sits on a slide out shelf under my desk.

Now just cannot wait till I can order the red one.

Back
Top Bottom