Saitek keyboard, how long to instal drivers?

Soldato
I'm trying to instal the drivers for one of these keyboards, and the instalation seems to betaking forever. Its been showing the transfer now for about 40 minutes, surely it doesn't take that long?

Ok update. I've given up trying to instal the game pad drivers. I've never known such probs with a usb device before. I've had lockups, crashes, the keyboard not working, failure to shut down/restart, scandisc showing corrupted files and programmes not responding. I've checked me usb ports, they're all fine, and the keyboard works fine using the generic windows drivers, but the game pad is complete no go.
Any ideas anyone?

Right, wre all up and running now and it works a treat. It took a call to saitek to get the sftwaree installed which caused a problem due the lockups I was getting.
Special thanks has to go to Martin, the tech support guy there, absolutely brilliant, I'd recommend anyone considering one of these keyboards to get one, 'cos at least the tech support is first class, could not be better.

benjo said:
Are you lot talking about the Saitek Eclipse? :)

If so.. i didnt even know there was drivers... i'm not using any :confused:

No, this is the gamers keyboard with the gaming pad. The keyboard loaded up fine, but it was real bitch to get the gaming pad drivers to load. We had to go into the windows temp folder to pull out a particular file, manually instal it, then instal all the other drivers manually as well, it didn't want to know doing it from the disc, had to D/L the drivers from saitek and force them in as it were.
Works really well now though. Dunno how I'll get on if I have to reformat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom