Samsung 226CW arrived yet?

C64

C64

Soldato
This is interesting waiting for someone to buy it and say who makes it.
I suspect the dreaded C panel found in the worst 226bw's could be making
a new appearance in these screens look where it says "samsung cannot guarantee".

The 223bw has been confirmed and guaranteed to be a samsung panel.

This morning in Paris, Samsung presented its next line of upcoming screens, one of the stars (the main one, in our opinion) of which will be the next SyncMaster 226CW. You may remember, this is a clone of the 226BW with an additional extended gamut thanks to a new backlighting system.

Of course, the question of the origin of panels arose. Samsung cannot guarantee a 100% Samsung supply of panels, but they did say that this panel was not a classic product. For its production, they will have to intervene to implant the advanced backlighting system. This technology is not yet mastered by the competition and according to Samsung France, this guarantees the implementation of S panels, S being for Samsung. Also, the volume for this screen should be a lot less than for the 226BW. Samsung esteems that they will therefore be able to entirely control production, while the admitted being overwhelmed by the success of the 226BW. This was the reason for their (temporary, they say) reliance on other panel manufacturers, which wasn’t entirely beneficial to buyers.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
from BeHardware

"this is a clone of the 226BW with an additional extended gamut thanks to a new backlighting system

Of course, the question of the origin of panels arose. Samsung cannot guarantee a 100% Samsung supply of panels, but they did say that this panel was not a classic product. For its production, they will have to intervene to implant the advanced backlighting system. This technology is not yet mastered by the competition and according to Samsung France, this guarantees the implementation of S panels, S being for Samsung. Also, the volume for this screen should be a lot less than for the 226BW. Samsung esteems that they will therefore be able to entirely control production, while the admitted being overwhelmed by the success of the 226BW. This was the reason for their (temporary, they say) reliance on other panel manufacturers, which wasn’t entirely beneficial to buyers."

Soldato
So if i bought one of these from OCUK and it came out to be a C panel would i be able to return the panel under distance selling act? and would i get refunded any shipping costs?

Was wondering as it might be sensible to ring OCUK and get them to say whether they will guanrantee a S panel or loose some shipping money if i have to play lottery with them.

C64

C64

Soldato
No as samsung cannot guarantee that they will be all their screens.
Have you looked at the 223bw? that is a guaranteed S panel.
And to be honest a lot of people in the states i have read reviews
of,state that the Hewlett packard hp w2207 is better than the 226CW
read a few reviews from canada and the states where people purchased
both screens knowing they could return one within 14 days,
tested them side by side and decided to keep the hp w2207.
Which can be had for £200-£230.

Last edited:

C64

C64

Soldato
weigh up all the benefits
dell 2007wfp cracking S-ips panel +4 year warranty

hp w2207 5ms cracking tn film screen with "juicy colors" i have heard it described having.
But only 1 year warranty !

samsung 223bw 5ms but guaranteed S panel screen.

samsung 226cw again great panel uncertain as to getting an S but maybe overpriced at £280 ish?

I am very tempted to get the hp w2207 only thing stopping me is the 1 year warranty currently considering if the dell is worth it for £250 and 4 years peace of mind.

Associate
Well im just bloody confused now! I was going for the 226BW but the lottery is a bit of a turn off, i was going to go for one anyway but theres the new ones floating about so i'll see opinions. The 226CW is basically the same with better colours and 50quid added on the price tag? The 223 is a guaranteed S panel but its 21.5 ? Sorry im a bit of an idiot on these things.

Price isnt too much of a concern, but i obviously want a decent deal. Its main uses will be surfing/gaming/xbox 360. Also would the 100quid ATI cards support css on native on these monitors? I would think so but just to make sure...i've had a 19" TIME monitor for years :(

Associate
OP
great comms OcUk :(. Anyway for the benefit of anyone wondering, they now dont know when they're expecting them in (confimred with a phone call), so it looks like i'll be getting from elsewhere with a date, and a £20 cheaper price tag.

Associate
I was once all oh kack i cant buy a TN panel. But these are the most highly regarded monitors around, its WS, 22inches and pretty highly regarded by all (reviews, customer opinion etc) I play FPS so the fact theres no ghosting is a seller to me

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Sorry for the delayed response, we have a small shipment in tomorrow but its large enough to fulfill all our backorders with a few units left over. :)

Back
Top Bottom