Samsung 49'' inch monitor (CRG9) release date 22 April and cost about 1.400£

Associate
Associate
OP
So far we only heard about Samsung who is gonna release this kind of monitor so I believe that other brands like Philips, Asus, Dell and LG will release their own 120hz semi-5k monitor too but maybe cheaper.

Beside some EU website that allow to pre-order this monitor then there is 1 USA site who let you pre-order it too for 1500$. So I think the price is real but the release date is not 100% sure yet. So hopefully Overclockers will know the real release date :)

I'm not allow to share you the link to pre-order this monitor but if you Google it then search for "LC49RG90SSUXEN" and it should show up.

Associate
OP
LG have a very similar one, 60Hz only and no HDR. Samsung are obviously going for something more gamer-centric, although how functional the HDR-1000 panel will be without FALD I don't know. I eagerly await reviews.
the dell one is also release today in Denmark too and have the same price as Samsung but only 60hz and no HDR I think.

Associate
OP
I'm in the market for a new monitor and this sounds just like what I want. I'm running a 2080ti at 4k currently and this monitor works out just short of 4k resolution I believe?

Am I likely to have an compatibility issues with games with this resolution?
I think it should be fine with that GTX but not sure if you can handle 120hz at high setting.

Lots of new games run at 32:9 with no problem, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
So someone from Sweden just got his monitor yesterday and he says that the next batch should come next week.

When do Overclockers UK got their hand on this monitor? Any news from Samsung?

Back
Top Bottom