Samsung 960 EVO & Asus Z370-F Heatsink Question

Associate
Hi folks,

I recently purchased a new build which includes an Asus Z370-F Motherboard and a Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2... My issue is this, i'm looking to install the M.2 with the supplied heatsink from the Asus motherboard, as far as i'm aware this heatsink works well for cooling....but....this specific M.2 has a Samsung sticker on it. Should I remove the sticker (and potentially void the warranty) or just install the heatsink straight on top of the sticker? (which feels counter-intuitive).

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Corm o/

Sure man,

Heres the heatsink & the M.2:

M.2-Heatsink.png

asus_rog_z370_rog_strix_z370-f_gaming_2.jpg

mzv6e500bw-gallery3-0920

Hope that helps,

Cheers

Last edited:
I’m interested in this as buying same board. I can’t see why you would need to take the sticker off. It’s not like a cpu heatsink where you apply thermal paste to improve contact etc.

Yep as i thought, you can leave the sticker on, won't cause any issues as generally M.2 don't need heat sinks as my dads build has no such options. Leave the sticker on and you will be fine.

First MOBO I have seen with an M.2 Heat sink to be honest.

Sorry guys, just got back from work! Thanks for the replies guys! - I was reading up earlier and it seems that the sticker has some copper in it also, to assist with heat transfer...i guess i'll just leave the sticker on then :D

Aye, there's a sticky thermal pad on the back of the heatsink, so once the M.2 is installed you just place it back on again \o/ snug!

Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom