Samsung Bordeaux LE37R87BDX 37"

Soldato
Hi, well my dad has this TV downstairs, and the freeview broke in it, so an engineer came around and to fix it all he had to do was do a special key combination or something and a hidden menu came up, he would not say how to get to it as it was apparently for engineers only, anyone happen to know what the combination is?

Suspended
Why do you need to go into service menu? And he's right, you really don't want to go into service menu, it's not like in the past you needed to (to correct CRT geometry)

Soldato
OP
squiffy said:
Why do you need to go into service menu? And he's right, you really don't want to go into service menu, it's not like in the past you needed to (to correct CRT geometry)

He couldent reset the digital tv and go into plug and play, the engineer came, rpessed a code on the hand controls, and then this screen came up and he was able to scroll down and isntantly reset the digital tv, and it would be easier if an engineer would not have to come just to do that simple task and there is a long wait.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Plenty of people over at avforums will tell you how its done. You will void your warrenty though, although I guess now it's already been accessed...

Suspended
Ste said:
although I guess now it's already been accessed...

But it was accessed by a service engineer, so warranty isn't void.
Unless it locks out again there is no need to go into SM. The OP will probably change values without realising it.

Soldato
OP
Ste said:
Plenty of people over at avforums will tell you how its done. You will void your warrenty though, although I guess now it's already been accessed...

How will it void the warranty when no one will know about it :confused:

Were does it say in the warranty, going into the service menu will void your warranty? :confused:

Suspended
willhub said:
How will it void the warranty when no one will know about it :confused:

Were does it say in the warranty, going into the service menu will void your warranty? :confused:

They won't know, unless you accidentally change settings, and brick it.

Soldato
willhub said:
Hi, well my dad has this TV downstairs, and the freeview broke in it, so an engineer came around and to fix it all he had to do was do a special key combination or something and a hidden menu came up, he would not say how to get to it as it was apparently for engineers only, anyone happen to know what the combination is?

You can get the service menu up on a lot of Samsung kit by:

1) Turn off TV
2) From Remote, press in sequence: (mute), 1, 8, 2, (power)
3) The Service Menu will appear.

No guarantee it will bring it up on your TV but it's worth a squirt.

Soldato
willhub said:

Im an Engineer, I dont know how to do it :p

Back
Top Bottom