Samsung G8 OLED Frameskip/Stutter

Soldato
I'm having an "interesting" issue with my new monitor. It will start to stutter/frameskip out of nowhere. Powering it off and on again solves the issue for a random amount of time. I've also had issues where the panel acted like a slow IPS/VA with certain dark transitions being somewhat slow which makes no sense. I've only seen this one time though. Was wondering if some of you know what might be going on. I can fix it fairly easy but temporary and I would like to find a permanent fix cause when everything is working 100% it's an awesome experience. I did experience some VRR flicker in Hearthstone but solved that rather easy by upping the VRR floor from 48 to 80hz.

Rig is in the sig. Running Windows 11 atm and using the supplied mini DP to DP cable that came with the monitor. I've ordered a 48gbps micro HDMI to HDMI cable that should arrive today to see if things get better with that. Took an age to find one btw, such a hassle with these micro/mini connections.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the monitor updated to latest firmware as of a few days ago when I plugged it in for the first time. Another weird thing is it happens at 120hz and 175hz and equal amounts.

UPDATE and Solution: So I figured out what was causing this stutter. First off, the temporary solutions I thought worked really didn't. The core issue was my mouse, a Razer Deathadder V2. I guess the problem has always been there but hidden by the motion blur caused by my previous monitor as the stutter is very tiny for a lack of a better description, also the games I've played over the last year or so has been limited. The instant pixel response of OLED simply revealed the issue. I solved the issue by updating the firmware on the mouse from v x01 to x02. I had a game open while doing this and the change was instant and noticeable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom