Samsung hdd utility issues

Associate
Bit of a long shot, but im trying to check my hdds as i think one has an error as errors keep on popping up in the RAID checker. Now i have downloaded the samsung utility and burnt it to a cd. When i boot from it it says:
"Cant open CD driver CD001. SHUCDX can't install

your ram drive is loaded at c:
Out of memory error
Bad command or filename"

Any clues on what this means?

Associate
Not sure why you're seeing that error, unless the Samsung CD Image is faulty. However, you can get around it by creating a bootable disk of your own (floppy, CD, flashdrive) and placing the DOS executable on it. Just type ES Tool.exe from the DOS prompt and it should run.

Associate
You can download the image tool as an ISO and burn this to CD.
However, I've had trouble getting it to find my SATA drives?

Associate
Not sure why you're seeing that error, unless the Samsung CD Image is faulty. However, you can get around it by creating a bootable disk of your own (floppy, CD, flashdrive) and placing the DOS executable on it. Just type ES Tool.exe from the DOS prompt and it should run.

Whats the best way to make the CD bootable, or do you just need to place the ES Tool.exe on the CD?

Associate
No, you need a tool, and easiest to make a bootable floppy and read the system files from there. I use an old HP utility which does it for Flash Drives. I'll see if I can find the link....

http://en.kioskea.net/telecharger/telechargement-127-hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool

That's the easiest way, then just copy the DOS executable onto the flash drive and boot from it.

For creating a boot DVD/CD I use Nero 8, with a DVD-RW disk if it's a temporary thing. (was just confirming the process on my main PC but it kept crashing! - worked on the laptop though)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Still having probs with the tool. Downloaded the iso again and burnt to a cd at the slowest speed but still the same error! Tried just loading the HUTIL.exe file along with a dos iso but the dos didnt work! Where do you get your dos bootables from? Might try looking to see if theres an older version of the utility somewhere.

May have to borrow a flash drive and see if it works using the above method!

Associate
Still having probs with the tool. Downloaded the iso again and burnt to a cd at the slowest speed but still the same error! Tried just loading the HUTIL.exe file along with a dos iso but the dos didnt work! Where do you get your dos bootables from? Might try looking to see if theres an older version of the utility somewhere.

May have to borrow a flash drive and see if it works using the above method!

That ISO on the Samsung site is not bootable, you have to make it so yourself - they are just supplying the exectuable files. I quickly knocked up a bootable CD that you can try - download it here:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chrisheapy/samsung.zip

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom