Samsung LE40C750 3D tv

Associate
Just purchased a Samsung LE40C750

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/d...02010100&prd_mdl_cd=&prd_mdl_name=LE40C750R2K

Having just purchased this tv and a 1.4 hdmi cable i was excited about playing stardust in HD on my ps3 .
so after i plugged it all in yesterday i expected it just to work after i clicked on the prompt for 3d and activated my glasses and all i got was a black screen with a reduced resolution and clear sound but still no picture .
Also i have tried a 360 elite cable but not sure if that is 1.2 or not :confused:

The features on this tv are brilliant it has a pvr type system built into record tv straight to a plugged in HD through USB also the internet tv is a good add on so is the free view HD as well .
I might just have to send it back if all is not well and ask for a replacement unless im making a noob mistake any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Associate
OP
The tv is not plugged into a amp im afraid all i get is a black screen and the res changing to suit the games needs :(
See if sony's new FW tomorrow will fix it if not will be going out and bying a 1.3 hdmi lead just to see before i send it back .

Looked all over the net for a similar problem or a mistake on the owners part and nothing on just a black screen after selecting 3d game mode .

Been through the manual for a guide or sync option for glasses but been told its as easy as turning them on when it prompts which my ps3 screen does .But then all i get is the same black screen .

19092010585-1.jpg

As far as i know its all set up to go i dont have to adjust my tv set in anyway just leave it standard to the manual .

Last edited:
Associate
OP
cheers for the info peeps ;) will try tomorrow after the update if not get a hdmi 1.3 hs lead and if that fails what other options do i have besides sendings the tv back as faulty really starting to think :eek:

Associate
OP
Did you get a 1.3hs lead ?

everyone i phoned or text messaged did'nt get back to me :( so i will just await the update tonight with my fingers crossed if not im going round a family or friends to do some re-wiring :D
Wont be fixing there pc's in a hurry next time :p:)

picked up ps move over weekend so will be on the hunt tomorrow if 3.5 FW fails.

Once i have it working i will be sure to let you know how it all plays ;)

Associate
OP
after the update im getting sound then the screen flickers and then stays black even when i turn glasses on . the so called 1.4 hdmi lead plays HD fine i am still yet to try another one , if that dont work im sending it back.

Associate
OP
just tried a lead which works on my friends and it does not work :(
i will put this down to new tech but i phoned samsung up and they said if there was a problem with the set there would be no picture at all , i certainly am not listening to them due to being new tech and the fact i have tried numerous cables and 2 ps3 just in case :p

Now it looks like i will have to send this set back now , looks like im not the only one who has had this problem.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3/1308293-hdmi-cable-problem-samsung-3dtv.html#post13046169

Edit : packing up and sending back for a replacement

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom