Samsung LS34E790C - Curved 34" 21:9 super-wide

Associate
It seems this monitor has just appeared on the ocuk store

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-211-SA&groupid=17&catid=2898

MO-211-SA_100740_350.jpg

Good to see some competitors to the LG version.

Specification:-
- Screen Size Class (diagonal): 34" Curved
- Panel Type: VA
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Resolution: 3440x1440
- Color Gamut (CIE1931): sRGB 100%
- Brightness (typical): 300 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio(Original): 3000:1
- Response Time: 4ms
- Viewing Angle (CR>10): 178/178
- Colour Depth (Num of Colours): 16.7M (8-Bit)
- Pixel Pitch (mm): 0.2325
- Surface Treatment: Anti-Glare 3H
- Curve: 3000R
- Connectivity: 2x HDMI 1.4 (50Hz), 1x DisplayPort 1.2 (60Hz)
- USB 3.0 Hub: Yes x4 (1up 4down)
- Speakers: 2x 7W
- Tilt: -5 / +20
- VESA: 100x100
- Warranty: 2yr

Last edited:
Associate
OP
And it includes a nice stand unlike all the LG ultra wide screens :)

Was wondering about this, but I already went way over what I would normally pay for a monitor with the 34um95 - these curved screens are just a bit too pricey for me.

I can definitely agree on the pricey front. I just can't justify spending ~£1000 on a monitor. Or an extra ~£300 over the flat version.

As usual it's the early adopters that are paying the price. Give it 6 months and I'll think about it!

Associate
OP
dead pixels or not. You always have a certain amount of time to return it even if you just plain don't like it so I wouldn't worry.

You do have to worry about it. The new CCR means OcUK can give you a partial refund - which I'm almost certain they will if you return it without reason via CCR (new DSR)

From the OcUK site:

You are liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods. For example, if it goes beyond the sort of handling that might reasonably be allowed in a shop. We will deduct this amount from the value of the refund.

So if you open it, breaking the seal, they cannot sell it as new and you'll be charged for it.

Associate
OP
I would probably order one myself if LG haven't lost my monitor lol. Three weeks they have had it now and im still waiting for the engineering department to send it to the courier so I can get it back and return it to OCUK. Even spoke to the manager and he said he would sort it but im still waiting.

This is why I always return it to the reseller within the first 12 months. They then have to sort it within 30 days or you get your money back.

Back
Top Bottom