Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo - firmware

Associate
Question for owners - which firmware are you on and why?
I updated to 1007.3 when it came out but decided not to update to 1008.0 because I read a technical review which suggested that Samsung had made a change to one aspect of HDR but to the deficiency of others. I admit that I didn't and don't really understand this subject (so far I only played one game that activated HDR - all the rest have not). But now I see that 1011.0 is available.
I now have a reason to update - I think have found a firmware bug: For only the second time the display has gone dim and the brightness control seems to have little impact. This was fixed by "rebooting" the display (it normally just sleeps). I am wishing for the Xth time that Samsung provide release notes for their firmware but they do not, so I'm hoping that others might be able to share their experiences?

I decided to update the FW to 1011.0 but I hit what seems to be a known problem that progress reaches 16% and then it fails. I tried all the different options - different memory sticks, formatting with Rufus, MBR partition but all failed. I then decided to update to 1008.0 which worked, but when I tried 1011.0 again with the same memory stick it failed. Then I found a forum post for the previous model that recommended using a SanDisk Cruzer Glide 16GB USB 2.0 stick, so I bought one. I was fully expecting it to fail again at 16% but it worked! I have no idea what the new firmware will do for the monitor but I feel a sense of triumph for actually getting the damn thing to update at all!

Back
Top Bottom