Samsung QN90C vs S90C

Associate
Hey all hoping someone can give me some insight had same tv since 2017 Samsung 4K curved 49" I have wanted replace for some time but kept telling myself my current TV is still good and it does have a beautiful picture I know would tell then difference if I was to compare it side by side.

About two weeks ago it started to get light bleeding in two areas at the bottom finally now I can upgrade well I'm actually waiting till I move which will hopefully be within the next month so wanting to do my research.

The two options I have looked at are the Samsung QN90C and the S90C I want to stick with Samsung as I'm fully in the eco system, I'm a little nervous about burn in though on the S90C as I do tend to leave stuff on pause a lot.

I use my TV for a mix of everything gaming, movies and streaming will definitely be a lot more gaming once I get that higher refresh rate and I will have a few 8 hour gaming sessions when I can.

I have looked in Currys and asked these questions to a store assistant which gave me completely wrong information on screen burn saying Neo quantum OLED will not cause any screen burn but I know the improved technology has not been out long enough to say that for certain and he said that is faulty hardware if this happens and covered by warrantee I know a lot of devices are not covered by this and also this can depend on where you buy I heard John Lewis for extra paid insurance will cover this.

The S90C OLED does look slightly better picture than the QN90C Neo Q-LED and better blacks and less blooming.

S90C is so thin which is beautiful but that also makes it more fragile.

The QN90C not being OLED I know will cause me no worries about burn in.

The QN90C does have a higher peak brightness.

What's your opinion? What would you go for and why?

Thankyou in advance

Associate
I have just got the 55s90c. I am finding it quite bright. I looked at both together in Richer sounds a the qn90 was too bright for me.
Whilst the picture is very good I am constantly tweaking the whites have a purple hue, and there glare on bright scenes through window etc.
I think the s90 is more than bright enough. I think Richer sounds 6 year guarantee includes burn in.

Associate
Hi mate.

Not to dampen your chips, but I really wasn't impressed with the QN90C.

I found it everything about it to just be wrong and I was very disappointed.
Picture quality was hit n miss.
The software is a total joke.
The remotes are awful.

I know you are loyal to the Samsung ecosystem, but you really can do a lot better for the cash you are about to cough up.

The QN90C was so bad I couldn't live with it and swapped it out for an LG C2 which is much better all round.

Thankfully the lads at Richer Sounds really came through for me.

Associate
OP
I had a QN90C also which I disliked, however I wouldn't pick a LG WOLED over a Samsung QD OLED unless I needed a smaller screen
Thankyou I do like the S90C just being a oled virgin there's the burn in worry there possibly the 2024 models may be out in the next couple months if going off last years release date I'm hoping the specs or early reviews come out it would be kick in the teeth if there is a big improvement.

Associate
Thankyou I do like the S90C just being a oled virgin there's the burn in worry there possibly the 2024 models may be out in the next couple months if going off last years release date I'm hoping the specs or early reviews come out it would be kick in the teeth if there is a big improvement.

Don’t let people put you off Samsung, I have a 55inch s90c and a 42inch c2 evo , they are both more or less the same in terms of picture quality. Out of the two I actually prefer the the s90c, the menus are refined and it’s very quick and snappy, it’s faster compared to the c2 evo.

Associate
Just to maintain the equilibrium...

Don't be put off the C2.
I found the software to be a lot more user friendly, much less clunky and more responsive.

Best bet is to rock up to Richer Sounds and try before you buy.
Spend atleast 15mins navigating the menus of both models.

It's not a small amount of money to cough up, so take your time.

Good luck.

Soldato
I wouldn't worry too much about it unless your watching say a news channel for pretty much 24/7, I arguably abused my LG CX with lot of static UI elements when playing WoW and using Windows on it but still looks like day 1, and I expect my new S90C to hold up just fine too

Just to maintain the equilibrium...

Don't be put off the C2.
I found the software to be a lot more user friendly, much less clunky and more responsive.

Best bet is to rock up to Richer Sounds and try before you buy.
Spend atleast 15mins navigating the menus of both models.

It's not a small amount of money to cough up, so take your time.

Good luck.
That I would agree with, I much prefer my CX's WebOS over Tizen

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom