Samsung T5 & T7s - cable replacements

Associate
Hi all.
Those of you that have these external drives, do you use the original cable (USB-C to USB-A) that came with them?
Out of all the other accessories I have including an older T3, these 2 cables are the only ones I have trouble connecting to either the USB sockets on the front of my PC, the top of the PC and a spare at the back.
They just seems too tight a fit, and will only go in with a bit of force, so I'm using a cable that came with my T3, that's fine except I need a couple more.
Can you recommend a decent replacement for those awkward Samsung cables? I had a UGreen one from Amazon but it was dropping it's connection.

Thanks!

Soldato
You tend to find that some new cables and new USB ports tend to require a bit of wearing in so you could try inserting it a bunch to see if that helps.

I have a few T5s and T7s as well as a bunch of higher speed external enclosures so I own a bunch of cables. I have used the Samsung OEM cables quite a bit but they are on the short side. The ones I've had the best luck with for USB-C to USB-C are those from Cable Matters including a 40Gbps one that has been solid. When I looked I couldn't find a USB-A to USB-C one from them though, at least not here in the UK. LINDY also do some decent cables and I ended up with a 1.5M 10Gbps USB-A to USB-C one that has served me well.

Most branded cables should be okay; just make sure you are buying a proper data cable with a decent Gbps rating that suits your needs and not a dedicated charging cable.

Back
Top Bottom