Samsung Tab Pro Tablet not recognised by Windows

Soldato
I got a 10.1" Galaxy TAB Pro ( Android ) and for some time, it has failed to be recognised by Windows.

I have not really worried about it all that much, but the past week or two, I have wanted it to, and it simply will not comunicate.

In the Device manager in Win10, it fives me this message :-

Unknown USB Device ( Device Descriptor Request Failed )

And its doing this on all my PCs, but it does not do it under Linux. Its fine under linux.

I do need Windows to talk to it though.

I have tried to look for solutions but nothing has helped.

Anyone know what I being a plonker about and maybe help me out please?

Soldato
When I plug my phone or tablet in to pc
I have to go into phone and tablet and select the USB mode
Forget exactly but its got a couple of options
Something like mass storage device
Not at pc just now or would check

Failing that I would try a different cable even though Linux works multiple windows machines aren't

Soldato
OP
Yes, I have plenty of cables, however, I use them all the time and so sure, I bought new ones anyway. I made sure that they were full DATA and POWER, but yeah, they didnt help.

Agreed on making sure that its on MTP mode and not just charge.

But as I said, the Device Manager does not see the device properly and its not setup right, plus Linux access the device just fine, and so its definitely a Windows thing, not anything else?

I think I will plop Windows XP or 7 onto something just to get access to it.

Soldato
Yes, I have plenty of cables, however, I use them all the time and so sure, I bought new ones anyway. I made sure that they were full DATA and POWER, but yeah, they didnt help.

Agreed on making sure that its on MTP mode and not just charge.

But as I said, the Device Manager does not see the device properly and its not setup right, plus Linux access the device just fine, and so its definitely a Windows thing, not anything else?

I think I will plop Windows XP or 7 onto something just to get access to it.
Yeah good idea I like to have a clean install windows on my 2nd hard drive to troubleshoot with
As install so much stuff on main drive it's always possible something causes a problem
I find a lot of games that play up on my main drive work fine on my 2nd drive

Soldato
OP
I just threw it onto another PC.
Seems its having a fit with Windows 7 too!

I also did a factory reset with the TAB too, and srtill its not being recognized and the Device manager wont install any drivers for it.

I also use a few driver utilities. SDI, Snappy and IOBIT ( Why, I dont know.. I just keept forgetting to cancel the renewal cos the FREE SDI one is the best there is! )

Soldato
OP
Ok, sorry for the delay... Been busy as hell trying to work out an excuse for not getting back sooner.

Seriously though, yes, I have tried forcing drivers in and all kinds of stupid sometimes tricks, but its simply not having any of it.

I have a few driver tools and some of them save old drivers, and I am a bit of a hoarder and so I have loads of old drivers, and I have spend days and days going through these, as well as many others, but nothing helps... They seem to know that there is a missing driver, but it just does not want to recognise the device?

I have tried contacting Samsung and also Samsung Forums and there is only one thing that I am absolutely sure of, and that is Samsung are NEVER going to get my custom ever again, so anything.

I have 4 Tablets that are Samsung ,and this one is the ONLY one that has NOT slowed down, but can I get it to talk to anything?
The TAB 2 and 3 are 7" and I have a Tab 3 10" and they have all slowed down after a firmware, that made them so slow, that they bacame useless to use.
I have a stupidly massive collection of mobile phones, and the Note 2 and now the note 3 again, have slowed down to such a level, that they too are so slow, that they are useless.
Meanwhile I have a couple of Windows phones that are not supported very well and yet they are every bit as quick as they ever were...

Samsung deliberately slow their devices down and Im done with them... This one isnt but its not working right and I paid a small fortune for it and I expect it to be spot on.

So yeah, stuff it. Im done with Samsung.

Worse still is that I bought my son the S9+ when it came out and my eldest son a Huwawei P20 when that came out, he now has a Mate 30 and I have the P20 back and its great. My own main phone is the Note 8 and I was going to buy a Note 10, but I did something better... I got a few of us wrecked and frankly, I think its a better deal.

Yeah, I mangry at Samsung cos with just the devices I have here, that I no longer use because they have slowed down, cost me over £3K

Soldato
Apple got caught slowing old devices
Down too
To make battery last longer
Got an old galaxy tab 2 here somewhere
If I can find and charge it I will see
What the driver I can't remember
Is called
Yeah I am a hoarder of pc stuff lol
Have you tried snappy driver solution?

Soldato
OP
Yes, I tried Snappy.

I have paid for :-
Driver Booster, Driver Easy, Driver Genius, Driver Reviver, Driver Magician, and Update star, oh and Driver Max
I am using Driver Booster on my Server and on my Daughters PC, and I only just re-paid for update star only 2 weeks ago , I realized that I dont use it and have not for ages.

The actual driver for the Tab Pro, I do have here... I have tried the very driver when I had the Tab Pro in 4 other PCs that it was connected to, and I have saved the driver for.

It does not work... Not with this Tab Pro anymore anyhow?

I have gone through all of those, as some offer backing up of drivers and I like that some are stored in archive, some as an EXE and some as raw files that I can simply scout through in a search without having to force install... some are simply useless though!

The best one that I use all the time, is Snappy Driver Installer of course and I have supported them as I do use it more than anything. I have that on a USB Stick.

I am aware that apple also got caught, but then I dont use apple stuff...

I do have 2 Hackintosh machines, and one is fully up to date with Mojave and the other is a bit out of touch now, so I will get rid of that. I have a real Mac Mini but in typical true mac fashion, it only runs Snow Leopard and so its out of date too, and I do have an iPhone7 but I only use that as a Map / Music player on my trike... I dont care if that gets stolen. I only got it when I bought my daughter her iPhoneX, and she gave it to me. Otherwise I dont care for apple junk.
I know that slows down over time.

Back
Top Bottom