Samsung UK vs EU version

Associate
need a phone to replace my broken samsung M33 5g which I was very happy with. The same phone seems very expensive now over £300. I have seen Samsung A55 on Amazon however I noticed it says EU version. I messaged the seller to confirm and he said no it’s not uk, uk is more expensive. Also noticed it said android 10.0 whereas if you look the spec up online it says 14.0. Does it being EU matter not really sure the difference

need a phone to replace my broken samsung M33 5g which I was very happy with. The same phone seems very expensive now over £300. I have seen Samsung A55 on Amazon however I noticed it says EU version. I messaged the seller to confirm and he said no it’s not uk, uk is more expensive. Also noticed it said android 10.0 whereas if you look the spec up online it says 14.0. Does it being EU matter not really sure the difference

The Spec list is just cut & paste job by Amazon - you’ll notice the same so called spec list actually states Android 10 then a few lines later Android 14. I wouldn’t take much notice of it to be honest.
Which seller did you message? Was the the cheapest one on the list? If you look at the second seller on the list they have a much higher positive feedback percentage plus they are included in Amazon’s Prime programme which is always helpful.
To answer your original question, there really shouldn’t be any difference. You could find the EU version probably comes with an EU plug (if indeed this model of phone ships with a plug at all).

Last edited:
Be wary if you need NFC to use your phone with debit/credit cards etc as a friend bought a Galaxy A14 which was EU not UK version and NFC was not available, everything else seemed to be the same though.

The Spec list is just cut & paste job by Amazon - you’ll notice the same so called spec list actually states Android 10 then a few lines later Android 14. I wouldn’t take much notice of it to be honest.
Which seller did you message? Was the the cheapest one on the list? If you look at the second seller on the list they have a much higher positive feedback percentage plus they are included in Amazon’s Prime programme which is always helpful.
To answer your original question, there really shouldn’t be any difference. You could find the EU version probably comes with an EU plug (if indeed this model of phone ships with a plug at all).
I think it was the cheapest on the list although the sellers change all the time. I’ll have a look. Another thought I’ve had is just get a reconditioned m33 the same as I’ve had before. It’s B grade from cex. £150 with a 2 year guarantee. I read an old post somewhere that you get the updates released maybe at different dates as it’s not UK?

Back
Top Bottom