• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sandy Bridge or wait for Haswell?

Associate
If your current system does what you want it to, keep it until it doesn't. I'm going for SB, because my current pc is a buggy laptop, and four years old. I'll probably not go for Ivybridge, or even Haswell or Rockwell...but whatever comes out the year after I leave Uni (2015) I'll take, unless something breaks first.

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Associate
I can imagine Ivy Bridge will be really expensive. Something like £250+ or so I guess but SB seems a good price for those on a budget.

Associate
I'm sorry but whats FUD about calling round some intel partners? Thats exactly what I did. If You think that is FUD, then that is your problem.

Yes i did read it but i had already done some finding out as in my last post. So I thought it best I report my findings.

At the end of the day, information is here for people to see but i'm sure they can make up their own minds.

Omg not you and making bull**** up again about a 'kill switch'

Please for the good of the forums, GTFO.

Associate
OP
Omg not you and making bull**** up again about a 'kill switch'

Please for the good of the forums, GTFO.

That were posted before christmas you numpty. :rolleyes:

Read my last post before you post stupid things like that.

Not going anywhere. If you don't like it, you know what you can do, can't you. Shakes head.

Associate
OP
If your current system does what you want it to, keep it until it doesn't. I'm going for SB, because my current pc is a buggy laptop, and four years old. I'll probably not go for Ivybridge, or even Haswell or Rockwell...but whatever comes out the year after I leave Uni (2015) I'll take, unless something breaks first.

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

That is true. Works ok but had it for some years now. My motherboard is a bit crud though. If i could get a good price on a bundle, I may just upgrade.

I don't game but do video editing. So would need to be a good percent better than a core2quad.

Soldato
Btw I did get a reply from one of the intel partners. Basically it is true, when used with i5/i7 Sandy Bridge and a Q67. Features of vPro

Let us know about the bios options.

It will be a little while before any vPro systems show up, but you could look at a current vPro system as they also have Anti theft and have done for a few years now.

Back
Top Bottom