Sanity check before ordering...

Associate
Having sought the opinions of this board and before committing to an order tomorrow, would anyone change any of the following components without blowing my budget away £1k to £1.2K?

I'm going to use my existing monitor, optical drives and keyboard/mouse and I'm looking to enjoy many hours of happy gaming over several years on this rig.

Associate
OP
Streaming too and I want it to be fairly future-proof as with a young family this may probably be the last significant upgrade for a while!!

Soldato
Change the i7-2700K Sandybridge to a i5-3570K Ivybridge and save approx £35, no point buying old gen. Also if you want to save yourself another approx £100 grab the MSI 7950 instead (which uses a 7970 PCB anyway) - it can overclock to the same if not better than an actual 7970, the performance difference between the 2 is minimal.

Associate
Looks good, couple of things: Thought the PSU came with a cable? Also, make sure the cooler will actually fit in your case as it's rather large.

Associate
OP
Ok, cheers for the feedback will change the CPU and do some reasearch on the MSI GPU. I've acquired a Fractal Design Define 4 case so I'm hoping that can accomodate the cooler. I need a spare kettle lead so at £1.43 I thought what the hek.

Anything else?

Back
Top Bottom