Sansaire sous vide circulator

Associate
Yup I did get everything thanks :) On a related note got an email asking for final payment for my 2nd Sansaire so shipping must be close!

Soldato
Just out of interest, I emailed a few people with PDFs they asked for - did you guys get them? I didn't hear back from anyone which has made me think my emails failed/it'll seem like I've just ignored you :o.

I did, sorry - forgot to send you a note back. It took me a few days to get them downloaded as it kept pausing at work. Thanks - sorry it was delayed. Just waiting for my Anova to arrive now, got the vacuum stuff though.

Associate
My Anova has arrived today, it's at my Dad's at the moment but will hopefully have it in my hands soon enough :)

Be interested to hear how you find it. Was very tempted to get an Anova instead of a second Sansaire (you know hedging my bets ;) ) but at the time Anova was out of stock with no eta.

Soldato
I'm quite interested in either the sansaire or the anova

Just a few questions first

What is the best value sealer?
What size bags are best for general purpose?
If I bought a pre vacuumed steak can I just whack that in the pot?
Does anyone wish they bought a sealer that did liquids too?
Is it best to have an insulated tub and/or make some sort of lid to retain moisture or is it not worth worrying about?

Associate
*Cough*
Sansaire said:
Greetings,

We thought you'd like to know that your Sansaire is on its way!

So just got notification that my pre-order (not my Kickstarter model) has shipped via Hermes. Got a 6 day delivery window though! March 13th to March 19th. Very disappointed that they didn't pay just a little more to get a decent delivery window, or at least given the option to upgrade.

Be interesting to see when my Kickstarter model actually gets shipped as well. Be a little disappointed if the pre-order manages to arrive before the Kickstarter model! Still it's nearly in my hands!! :D

Associate
I've noticed on the kickstarter comments page that the couriers in Europe can give quite narrow delivery estimates but in the UK they can only do it to within a week.

Associate
I got this email yesterday... ( I`m a Kickstarter backer ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings,

We thought you'd like to know that your Sansaire is on its way!

Your order was shipped via Hermes Standard, and is estimated to arrive March 14, 2014 - March 20, 2014.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brilliant ! Hopefully I`ll be cooking steak this weekend. :D

Associate
Well I've just received 1.5kg of rib eye steak from Turner & George so my Sansaire better turn up in the next few days! :D

Also got a message from Scott about my kickstarter order. Seems that mine was incorrectly labeled so had been kept back for review which is why my pre-order has been dispatched but my kickstarter one hasn't. He's arranged for it to go out today, so should get that one start of next week as well :)

Associate
We'll see, I've had a parcel ship all the way from Japan in less time than Hermes can get the tracking information to show up on their website.

Associate
Well had a package turn up this morning:

And a pic of the Sansaire in a 1/2GN gastronorm container (200mm deep, BPA free Rubbermaid model) for size reference:

Just about to go try some sous vide eggs in it! This is my pre-order model rather than the Kickstarter model, so no sous vide towel yet :(

Also looks like I'm going to be cooking steak tomorrow :D

Soldato
OP
Mine have just arrived - looks like there was a lot of activity from Hermes over the weekend, so I'd hope people should start receiving theirs over the next 48-hours.

17/03/2014 09:07 Signature From Customer
17/03/2014 07:30 Courier Received
17/03/2014 04:31 Out For Delivery
16/03/2014 23:30 Processed at Depot
16/03/2014 22:13 Receipt at Depot
16/03/2014 08:01 Hub Sorter Receipt Scan
14/03/2014 13:10 Sent to myhermes central hub

Back
Top Bottom