• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** SAPPHIRE R280X TOXIC: FASTEST R280X & NOT FAR OFF GTX 780 PERFORMANCE!! **

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Some more pimpage of the awesome and stunning looking Sapphire R280X Toxic from Sapphire:-

Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Toxic OC 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Card @ £269.99 inc VAT

GX-324-SP_400.jpg

The SAPPHIRE R9 280X TOXIC features SAPPHIRE Vapor-X technology which is a sophisticated integration of digital power IC, DirectFet, and four new Black Diamond heatsink chokes on a high density 10 layer PCB. This technology is capable of supplying 60 Amps power per phase on demand, which is 20 Amps more than the HD 7970 reference design. With a suitable PSU! Compared to the reference board, Sapphire's Vapor-X technology provides more headroom for overclocking with a power efficiency of over 90%. Sapphire provides efficient power whenever the GPU needs it.

The new Tri-X cooling technology is a combination of the optimized cooler module, new 10mm heatpipe and Triple fan. As a result, the new cooler is 20% quieter than the previous Toxic HD 7970 GHz Edtion.

Key Features:-
- Triple Fan cooler, 30% more airflow and 20% quieter than the previous Toxic HD 7970 6GB card.
- Optimize dual module design, the new fin and heatpipe placement improves the airflow offer 50% more efficiency in heat dissipation.
- Anti-Dust bearing, Enhance the reliability for the fan cooler.
- Memory cooling, the cooler module also cools the memory chip for the best stability and offers more OC headroom.

Specification:-
- PCI-E 3.0 Ready: Delivers double the bandwidth per lane of PCIe GEN2 for faster GPU- CPU
- Hugely overclockable
- Core Clock Speed: 1100MHz
- Boost Clock Speed: 1150MHz
- Shader Architecture: GCN
- Stream Processors: 32 CU / 2048 ALU
- Texture Units: 128
- ROPS / Z-Stencil: 32 / 128
- Frame Buffer / Memory: 3GB GDDR5
- Memory Width / Speed: 384 bit / 6400MHz
- Power Connectors: 8-pin + 8-pin
- Display Outputs: 2x DVI + 1x DP + 1x HDMI
- Power: 250W TDP
- Product Review: http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/sapphire-r9-280x-toxic-edition-oc-3gb-review/
- 2yr Warranty

Only £269.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Check out the Kitguru Review, it beats all other R280X for performance out the box and when you overclock this bad boy, it is right on the heels of GTX 780, but at £200 less makes this card an absolute bargain, read the review for yourselves:-

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/sapphire-r9-280x-toxic-edition-oc-3gb-review/

OcUK will be first with stock and potentially the only Etailor with stock for a while as we were first to order in the UK. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Looks really nice but isn't this just a re-badged 7970? Quite expensive if that's so, and no TruAudio or games with it I understand?

Nope, with the Toxic Sapphire made the effort to build a fresh card from the ground up, this can easily be seen by looking at the product photos and by the performance and OC this card is easily achieving.

I think at £269 its a BLOODY SILLY price for something which is so quick, its cheaper than the cheapest GTX 770 and destroys pretty much every GTX 770 and is right on the heels of GTX 780.

BUT YES, R280X are re-badged HD 7970's / HD 7970 GHz cards in general, very easy to tell on some brands such as Asus Matrix Platinum, all they did there was flash the BIOS and change the box. Other cards like Asus R280X DC2/TOP are a little different as they use the new DC2 cooler.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

I've spoken to Sapphire regarding voltage control. They are stating that if you use the Sapphire Trixx software the voltage can be adjusted. I shall test and confirm this once our stock lands. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Would it be right to say that Sapphire have already tweaked and raised the voltage on this card out the box so that the end user doesn't have to mess about overclocking as Sapphire have already done it for you?

Voltage control would only be a benefit I guess if you plan to water cool maybe?

Good news though if it is an option.

Yes Sapphire have already put a pretty extreme OC on the card, so there is not much to be gained by clocking further.

However like you say for those who do want to play, or fit H20 or LN2 it is nice to have the ability to put more voltage through the core upto at least 1.4v as some cores benefits from more voltage, yet some do not.

OcUK Staff
OP
For me the Toxic looks better, and that's enough to justify the price difference. The heart wants what the heart wants.

And according to Gibbo you can adjust the voltage with Sapphire's software.

No according to Sapphire you can. I said when we get stock I'll test to confirm if what they say is true. :)

But agreed if I was buying a card for gaming this is the best sub £300 card, BUT if buying this weekend the Asus 7970 deals were doing are unbeatable.

OcUK Staff
OP
Are they selling well or is it just a supply problem, or both?

I'd say both, we've sold over 100pc which surprises me considering the deals we've being doing on 7900 series, yet people are still buying 280's, when all the 7900 are gone they are going to absolutely fly.

OcUK Staff
OP
Don't see any GTX 760 threads either, apparently they are selling very well.

Forum activity is nothing to go by.

This.

Over the weekend we sold nearly 250 of the Matrix Platinum, I think I've seen about 5 new owners/threads pop up on the forum.

People on post on forums mainly to show off or if they have an issue and as thankfully hardware generally works fine, 9/10 don't feel the need to post. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Sapphire confirm, they will leave Hong Kong today or Monday and be with OcUK mid-end next week. They apologise for the delays.

OcUK Staff
OP
Also to confirm, Sapphire are only shipping to us in the UK.

Any other Etailors saying they are getting stock, SIMPLY WON'T BE, we are Sapphires largest and best UK customer, so its all coming to us. :)

Back
Top Bottom