• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire RX6800XT Nitro+

Associate
Has any one got one of the new Sapphire RX6800XT Nitro+ card from Overclockers?

If so can you tell me the contents of what you got in the box.

I've had GFX cards for 25 year and this one seemed a little empty compared to normal and just wanted to compare to see just in case this is a return and they have sold as New.

A few things that didn't seem right.
1. Thermal paste between the fans on the plastic cover
2. No PCIE plastic protector on the bottom
3. Bubble wrap not sealed around card just half open
4. Contents a book on the bios switch. That's it. No cd driver (not expected as i know online but wanted to check, nothing else.
5. Back screw on the metal plate is not flush like the rest and the metal board gives in the corner.

If anyone can confirm before sending it all back.

Associate
Has any one got one of the new Sapphire RX6800XT Nitro+ card from Overclockers?

If so can you tell me the contents of what you got in the box.

I've had GFX cards for 25 year and this one seemed a little empty compared to normal and just wanted to compare to see just in case this is a return and they have sold as New.

A few things that didn't seem right.
1. Thermal paste between the fans on the plastic cover
2. No PCIE plastic protector on the bottom
3. Bubble wrap not sealed around card just half open
4. Contents a book on the bios switch. That's it. No cd driver (not expected as i know online but wanted to check, nothing else.
5. Back screw on the metal plate is not flush like the rest and the metal board gives in the corner.

If anyone can confirm before sending it all back.

Most likely a returned product which has been sold as new, i have had this issue a few times.

Caporegime
Was the box sealed.

Gpu boxes rarely ever have seals on them, even the sapphire ones that used to have little stickers on the box tabs are easily removed and replaced. They should really come shrink wrapped with a repeating manufacturer logo that would make it obvious if it was already open. Though knowing the gpu market that would increase the cost by about £100. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I just received this card.

It came with 2 sapphire branded stickers outside edge of box so I opened there.

Inside like yourself no PCI-E protective cover only cover for hdmi/DisplayPort

3 bits of paper a quick installation guide the bios one and a small piece of paper with the sapphire address on.

About 99.9% mine was brand new. Bits of protective film on GPU housing a fan motor area.

Associate
I just received this card.

It came with 2 sapphire branded stickers outside edge of box so I opened there.

Inside like yourself no PCI-E protective cover only cover for hdmi/DisplayPort

3 bits of paper a quick installation guide the bios one and a small piece of paper with the sapphire address on.

About 99.9% mine was brand new. Bits of protective film on GPU housing a fan motor area.
that's an unopened gpu right there. All the gpus I've had come with some peel on the fans

Associate
Gpu boxes rarely ever have seals on them, even the sapphire ones that used to have little stickers on the box tabs are easily removed and replaced. They should really come shrink wrapped with a repeating manufacturer logo that would make it obvious if it was already open. Though knowing the gpu market that would increase the cost by about £100. :rolleyes:
My power color had clear plastic stickers on the openings.

Back
Top Bottom