• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire X1900XT-X boot problem (Please help)

Permabanned
As per title, was working fine until one day it just started doing this:

HERE

took it back to the shop where i got it from and they said they had tried it and it booted fine on there system ??? even though the card was stone cold when i checked after he has supposedly tested it for 15-20 minutes.
So i went home and put it in my system again and it booted after about 5-10 try's. i then turned it off and have not been able to get it on since... :mad: i have put my old Nvidia 6200TC in here :

HERE

and as you can see it boot's 1st time every time. ive tried it in my mates comp and it wont boot in his either.. what is wrong ??

any help would be appreciated.

p.s no comments about the case, i still havn't decided on what to get and am waiting for my scythe infinity cooler also. :p

Soldato
What psu are you using ? These draw a fair bit of power,of course it may be nothing to do with that,but worth a try

It also may be a good idea to go back to where you got it & ask to see it booting in the pc they are using.Especially if you have tried it in two different pcs & getting the same problem mate

Nice case btw :p

Rob

Permabanned
OP
Ok guys, getting somewhere.. took it back and said "test it in front of me", they did and guess what ?? no boot. just as i said. now they said i will have to wait up to 21 days because they have to send it back to sapphire for repair or replacement (Didn't know that) as the shop dont have the x1900xtx's in stock and dont know if they will be getting anymore.

Anyone have any dealing's with rma's through sapphire before ?? how long of a turnaround time am i looking as BF2142 is out very soon and i really want to play it when its released.

Thanks

Associate
hannibal2381 said:
took it back to the shop where i got it from and they said they had tried it and it booted fine on there system ???

when really it sat there gathering dust waiting for you to come back for it and get palmed off with lies :D

hope you get a replacement asap

Permabanned
OP
LoadsaMoney said:
From the manufacturer you could be talking months, mates expecting his HIS x1900 XT on Monday/Tuesday, over 7 weeks since it went back, prepare yourself for a long wait. :(

I cant wait that long.... i will go insane.... nnnoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Associate
Best thing to do is telephone sapphires international technical support. Assuming you have registered your card, you need to check your "My Support" account and you will be provided direct support and a relevant local support number you can phone.
Don’t bother emailing, it will take forever.

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
From the manufacturer you could be talking months, mates expecting his HIS x1900 XT on Monday/Tuesday, over 7 weeks since it went back, prepare yourself for a long wait. :(
Is that via OCUK or HIS direct? :confused:

Permabanned
OP
Hesky82 said:
Best thing to do is telephone sapphires international technical support. Assuming you have registered your card, you need to check your "My Support" account and you will be provided direct support and a relevant local support number you can phone.
Don’t bother emailing, it will take forever.

i havnt gone through sapphire direct, its with another major etailer... just need a card now for BF2142.. do you think they would still give me any info if i rang em ?

Associate
tbh dude you wont get an rma from the manufacture if you havent register the card and contacted them directly on there support line. Obviously you won’t need to do this if you are trying to get a replacement card from the shop you bought it from, but shop terms ususally state you only have 14-30 day guarantee from them.

Back
Top Bottom