Sat Nav for <£100

Soldato
After a quick scout around it seems that TomTom's are a bit out of my price range. A colleague recommended Garmin as they manufacture GPS for the shipping industry? Either way, that can't do any harm.

Requirements:

- 4.3" screen.
- Economical guidance.
- Quick and simple to use.
- Bluetooth.
- RELIABLE.

The Garmin 1310 can be had from my local Tesco for £85. Well within my price range and ticks all the boxes.

Anything else I should consider for below £100?

Thanks!

Soldato
OP
Got an android phone? If so then co-pilot is very good. probably available for apple too, can't be bothered to google.

If not the mrs has a garmin nuvi and whilst it's very good it gets confused as hell on new roads it doesn't know about. I suspect most sanavs would do though.

I have a SGSII but I'd prefer to get a dedicated nav. If I'm spending £20-30 on an application, might as well put it towards a proper unit.

Soldato
OP
Halfords are doing the TOMTOM XXL western europe for £89.99 this weekend, which is a great price.

Doesn't have Bluetooth, but the bluetooth function on sat navs is terrible anyway.

Does the TomTom have some kind of economical route guidance? The Garman 1310 has ecoRoute or whatever it's called.

Soldato
OP
Why buy an app when google navigate is actually very fast, reliable and best of all free!

It has caused too many problems. Half the time it takes me to the wrong destination! Not to mention you can't cache maps, you need to use data to plot a route.

Soldato
OP
Ended up buying the TomTom XL2 from Halfords for £89.99. It came with a £10 gift voucher too. I'll be using that to buy some Auto Glym!

Back
Top Bottom