Satisfactory Alpha release

• Thread starter Thread starter wnb
  • Start date Start date
So I got Miner Mk2 and decided to re do my main factory after increasing my power capacity. With 8 impure iron nodes it is the largest factory project so far, so i use excel to work out what I need.

I'm operating on a top - down approach, so this what I want to output from the assembler, so i will need all these to go into the assembler. Ground Floor are my 16 smelters to get all the iron ingot I need. First floor are all constructors, over 20 in total making iron plates, rods and screws (over 500 screws per min) I even set up a funky splitter system to siphon off 70 ingots per minute from a belt of 240 per min, to feed into the constructors for rods (We'll get to that in a bit).

I have 5 belts i'm feeding into the third floor where my 6 assemblers are located. I feed the belts into the reinforced iron plates without issues. I'm about to feed the belts for the modular frame and rotor and I realise I've made a mistake when calculating the number of rods I need. I'm potentially looking at ripping up 2.5 hours worth of work before I've even had a chance to turn the machines on.

Decide to just find the nearest empty iron deposit and belt completed rods across the map to make up the short fall. :D

And then the power cuts. Turns out 16 coal generators isn't enough to run all my factories.

I've doubled the number of coal generators I have but I'm going to need to unlock the fuel generator as there is no other coal near to water (that is close to me) that I can exploit for energy and I refuse to go back to topping up biomass burners.

Reading some of these posts is making me salivate at the idea of doing a big project again, (all tiers + all the trophies) as there's some new stuff in the experimental releases, the train signals look like a game changer for me, as I love railways.

Might start a game later :D

And then the power cuts. Turns out 16 coal generators isn't enough to run all my factories.

Those power storage batteries are useful for helping with power, have you unlocked them?

Reading some of these posts is making me salivate at the idea of doing a big project again, (all tiers + all the trophies) as there's some new stuff in the experimental releases, the train signals look like a game changer for me, as I love railways.

Might start a game later :D

Those power storage batteries are useful for helping with power, have you unlocked them?
I have them, but I've never built one. I do have a huge excess of rotors and modular frames now, so I can build a little farm of them in some remote out of the way location.

I have them, but I've never built one. I do have a huge excess of rotors and modular frames now, so I can build a little farm of them in some remote out of the way location.

They're really handy, from what I remember they give you useful power stats, eg - how much you have coming from storage and from generation, and how long you have left basically until you have a blackout, from what I can remember.

They're really handy, from what I remember they give you useful power stats, eg - how much you have coming from storage and from generation, and how long you have left basically until you have a blackout, from what I can remember.
Now that you've mentioned the power stats, I've just realised that the batteries are far more useful than I initially thought. At the time of the power outtage my max consumption was around 1340MW while my production was 1200MW. With the way the power fluctuates around my base it is possible that it could have replenished part of the batteries charge during the low points of the fluctuation.

Batteries are good to prevent blowing your power gride when your under producing and suddenly ramp up usage. gives you a good buffer and time to deal with the issue if needed.
i'm on oil and coal for power but tbh you need a lot of steel later game so the 2 coal generators i'm going to repurpose i think for now and have a few fuel exclusive generators, plus tokens!
i'll need the by products anyway for later stuff and computers.
Along the coast there are 3 good oil spots close by with an Aluminium spot which is perfect for my needs.
found uranium ages ago when looking for crystols which am now just automating :E
stockpiles are key!
i just sort of have to work out how to manage excess water now, maybe i'll package it and tokenize it and make a profite

Go nuclear in the sky or go home.

Seriously not enough hours in the day to play this game. Uninstalled it now much better things to be doing with my life far far to time consuming. Maybe when I am stuck in a retirement home with my arthritic oversized mouse and keyboard. Untill then I shall laugh at all the doomed OCD failures this game induces. Good luck :)

Been a while but plenty has been done.

I got my first fuel powerstation running. 40 generators, so i have plenty of power and I can eventually look at removing some of the coal generators fand repurpose the coal. I am having some flow issues, as all the generators aren't being fed properly. I know i have enough fuel and there is no back up in the refineries. I have the generators spread across 4 floors with fuel flowing from the top down two pipes to each floor to feed the generators. I might need to separate a few of the generators onto an overflow system and essentially turn them into a back up system when fuel levels are high.

Created my first heavy frame factory floor. What a ball ache. But it works and it is running at 100% efficiency. I have been making computers but not fully automated yet. Now that I have trains I can shuttle goods around to get that working eventually.

I'm working on a proper factory for elevator parts, that I will feed using the overflow from other factories. No point sinking them when they can help to progress the goal.

So i went back briefly set up a really bad layout and utter mess of a factory and got a Gold Mug...... (which meant leaving the PC on with the game running for 3 days :) Dont tell the energy struggling folk please. I did learn that the hover chair is actually quite good.... All this time i have been using a jetpack for everything :) :)

After watching nilaus again the other week I decided to start in experimental. Just sorted out a steel furnace with the alternative steel ingots using iron ingots for increased efficiency. Just going to let that run for a bit for some steel beams currently just 30 a min. Then Re do my started mall using t3 belts and move my storage hub.

Got a problem with a new bit of water stalling my coal power plants now and again as when you go to the pump it says it's full of nuclear waste which is a bit annoying but a save reload and a jumpstart with a few bio burners sorts it out.

Just got hooked on this , after seeing some pictures on Google from some amazing factory’s I realise how bad I am !

Bad move.... Addiction is heading your way....

People must spend 20hrs a day building some of the stuff you see.

People must spend 20hrs a day building some of the stuff you see.

A lot of them are using heaps of mods too, which basically allow you to build/copy and paste huge amounts of stuff. (basically cheat mode)

If you're playing the vanilla game with no mods, this game burns up so much time it's absolutely unholy. I actually think they need to make a late-game automation system, like the construction bots in Factorio - as building manually (even with zoop) can get soul destroying.

Ahhh that would by why then.

Never used any mods, but I got the gold mug.... Wasn't pretty or efficient :) I enjoyed it till i got Nuclear power up and running without waste then it was just a nightmare for the final Tier malarky.

Back
Top Bottom