Satisfactory Alpha release

Soldato
Embrace the chaos.... I tried i really did but this always happens.

Yes, yes, yes! Now that's a bit more familiar! :D

My next projects are going to be improving the efficiency of my own bombsites and replacing some of the key components with nicer looking facilities (my iron plate/screws/reinforced IP/rotor/motor sort of factories) and make them so they look a bit nicer and supply my "mega factory" with the basics for it to make more complicated things.

Not really made a dent on the Tiers 7-8 Space Elevator requirements yet - want to go back and play with trains and get my refineries going a bit more organised.

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
The Nuclear power plant in the sky was a really bad idea at the time. Water should not be pumped up to pretty much the highest point on the map :)

I only discovered towards the end of the build how to use the electric jet pack as well and by that time i was a little burnt our from the game. If i ever start again it will be a casual basis only, perfect game if we ever get locked down again and end up being furlough 2 :)

Soldato
Unlocked all of tier 7 and nuclear power in tier 8 (yet to dabble in that though).

Made a battery factory tonight which has worked out pretty well, but I've been trying to get drones to work and am a bit confused. I've got a drone station at my battery factory, one at my main base/store and another local to a silica production plant. What I'm trying to do is get the drone to go in circuits dropping batteries off at my main base, then going to the silica production plant to pick up silica to then drop off at my battery factory and repeat. I can't seem to get it to work though? Is the game capable of doing that? At my battery factory I have a smart splitter to make sure if fills up the drone battery supply before filling the cargo load so that the drone is always powered.

All it seems to do is go back and forth to my main base. At my main base I select the destination to my silica plant but that didn't work. Any clues?

Soldato
Unlocked all of tier 7 and nuclear power in tier 8 (yet to dabble in that though).

Made a battery factory tonight which has worked out pretty well, but I've been trying to get drones to work and am a bit confused. I've got a drone station at my battery factory, one at my main base/store and another local to a silica production plant. What I'm trying to do is get the drone to go in circuits dropping batteries off at my main base, then going to the silica production plant to pick up silica to then drop off at my battery factory and repeat. I can't seem to get it to work though? Is the game capable of doing that? At my battery factory I have a smart splitter to make sure if fills up the drone battery supply before filling the cargo load so that the drone is always powered.

All it seems to do is go back and forth to my main base. At my main base I select the destination to my silica plant but that didn't work. Any clues?

Yeah I'm not 100% sure you can make the drone go in circuits like that, I think it can only do A to B, then back again and that's about it.

I think I tried to do a similar thing once, to get around it I just created more drone stations - but it is a bit limited, you should be able to set the drones to do stops like the trains - so long as they don't run out of batteries. I don't know why they restricted it so much.

In other news, finally completed phase 4 of the space elevator tonight... Man I forgot how expensive those thermal propulsion units are to make... First time I made them last year, I think I just left my PC running for 2 days, this time I ran them through my fabric of manufacturers and it took about 3 hours.. Now they're all being sinked, so I can go for the trophies,

1BFd3Q5.png

Soldato

Drones will only go between two ports, you cannot create circuits so you will need an additional drone, you can target a port with as many drones as you want though.

Soldato
Yeah just saw the vid,

It'll make things much more friendly, I've been saying for ages that when you get into the game, the amount of time it takes to build a similar setup over and over again really becomes a drag. Like in Factorio I design most of my stuff so I can step-repeat it with blueprintes and construction bots, it saves buckets and buckets of time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom