Satisfactory Alpha release

Soldato
Did everybody see the genuine news that the game is being moved onto Unreal 5? I didn't want to post about it on the same thread as the obvious April fools joke (it was obvious right? they wouldn't actually add in a verified check mark for tokens would they...:eek::D) Nanite and Lumen are being used to some degree, will be interesting to see what comes from the shift but the map/area loading improvement sounds great to me.

Soldato
Did everybody see the genuine news that the game is being moved onto Unreal 5? I didn't want to post about it on the same thread as the obvious April fools joke (it was obvious right? they wouldn't actually add in a verified check mark for tokens would they...:eek::D) Nanite and Lumen are being used to some degree, will be interesting to see what comes from the shift but the map/area loading improvement sounds great to me.

Yeah,

For me it's very much them planning for the future, I don't think it'll look that much different from the start - but it'll allow them to keep the game looking good as time goes on, and I imagine it will - after a while look significantly better. Hopefully they can fix the view of things from a distance, it does look better than it used to do - however it still does look ropey in places, so hopefully UE5 will allow them to keep improving.

Soldato
Coffee stains studio just trolled YouTube. Started a stream with its title as ??? It had a 1 hour countdown timer. It lead to about 30 seconds of game footage. The end credit literally said. That’s it. :D

It did seem to tease a new enemy type and maybe an update to the biome.

Associate
With unreal 5 does that mean it will be more optimised or will the hardware requirements go up
IIRC, they said both. More the latter to start with and then improvements as they optimise it more. They also mentioned improvements to world loading to do with the moving from one "chunk" (or whatever it's called) to another which currently causes stuttering.

Soldato
also perfroamcne changing the size of xchunks down to smaller ones. making it easier to work on updating the maps.
there was a lot this does for them in the long term. they'll need to move to U5 at some point and it makes sence to do it now.

something that will only effect a small number of people is the Ulimit or element limit, its changed slightly so those that like mega bases may see some improements or additions.

Soldato
I have an unreasonable amount of joy at the prospect of running massive power pylons everywhere instead of the little poles I currently have lol :D

Soldato

Well darn, that's going to make life a lot easier :D

I think my last playthrough of update 6, about 800000 hours were spent laying power poles, so this will make life much much easier..

It'll also make scaling up much easier, as late-game you need so much stuff, that half your life is just building power poles and platforms and stuff...

I'm waiting for update 8, then I'm gonna build another full-blown playthrough with my mate..

Back
Top Bottom