Satisfactory Alpha release

Soldato
Oh dear, performance is not good for me, having some significant freezes to the point where I keep thinking it's crashed, my 980ti is just not up to it anymore lol, I may have to turn some settings down :D

Soldato
I've updated but not tried it out yet. Zipped my saved games file in case I need to revert. Might get a chance to try Update 8 tomorrow!

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh dear, performance is not good for me, having some significant freezes to the point where I keep thinking it's crashed, my 980ti is just not up to it anymore lol, I may have to turn some settings down :D

980ti jesus :D

I just logged in and tried for the first time (on my 4090 and i9-13900KS :p ), with everything maxed out to absolute highest settings, it looks legit - but I'm getting a lot of stuttering, I've gone from around 100fps to 40-50fps, but it looks nice!

Jumped onto my save and did a quick Old V new comparison (around the same time of the day)

OLD:
Uk6IKRq.jpg

NEW
VPdSMk8.jpg

The lighting looks way way better, it's way more immersive all the surfaces have their own reflections and stuff - when you're inside factories, the light reflects off everything so it looks cool.

So yeah - it's a huge fidelity upgrade, but I think @Dano - time for a new GPU :D

Last edited:
Soldato
So yeah - it's a huge fidelity upgrade, but I think @Dano - time for a new GPU :D
I know I know, I'm just trying to convince myself that a 4090 is the way to go lmao!!!

Turns out I had managed to switch on lumen too, so actually the 980ti was performing way above it's station in even running at all lmao :D:cry:

Associate
980ti jesus :D

I just logged in and tried for the first time (on my 4090 and i9-13900KS :p ), with everything maxed out to absolute highest settings, it looks legit - but I'm getting a lot of stuttering, I've gone from around 100fps to 40-50fps, but it looks nice!

Jumped onto my save and did a quick Old V new comparison (around the same time of the day)

OLD:
Uk6IKRq.jpg

NEW
VPdSMk8.jpg

The lighting looks way way better, it's way more immersive all the surfaces have their own reflections and stuff - when you're inside factories, the light reflects off everything so it looks cool.

While the old one makes me think it lacks a bit of atmosphere, the new one makes me think of the joke the Borderlands devs made about them spending a lot of time discovering a new colour - because the previous game was very brown and the sequel made more use of green et all. Just this is the reverse of that. Also OTT on fog/mist IMO. Is this with Lumen on?

Soldato
I'm going to go back and play this again at some point, I played between Nov-Dec 2022 last time, which was my first time. What I built previously was nothing great/complex but I found it quite casual to play and I enjoyed that. I also only scratched the surface.

Associate
I'm going to go back and play this again at some point, I played between Nov-Dec 2022 last time, which was my first time. What I built previously was nothing great/complex but I found it quite casual to play and I enjoyed that. I also only scratched the surface.
Think I will just drop it now to 1.0 release have a fresh play through

Soldato
That’s what I’m thinking too as I got back in to it with update 8’s release. I’ve got a basic factory that got me all the tiers unlocked. But currently ramping up power then planning and building my factory for the final elevator parts will take months. But I don’t want to burn out playing in 0.8 just in time for v1 to drop.

I just hope they don’t change any recipes as I’ve just finished about 50 hours getting a massive turbo fuel plant up and running.

Associate
Same here, I have dabbled in it off and on but decided to wait for the finished version I think to really get started. For a early access it has been one of the best

SPG

SPG

Soldato
The game is evil.

It caters for those that live the basement of mummy with no prospects or future, the terminally ill who are off work, long term sick basically anyone who has a spare 100 hrs per day.

(Its good though) roll on retirement.

Back
Top Bottom