Satisfactory Alpha release

• Thread starter Thread starter wnb
  • Start date Start date
I just went with the very first default selection because I've never actually played this beyond an hour. I know nothing about what you can build. I know nothing about well, anything because I just like to go in blind.
Only thing to remember is nothing is lost when dismantling, so feel free to keep breaking and rebuilding !

Last edited:
its the best way tbh Noxi.
you get to expirence it first hand with out the frustrations of stuff moving around.
enjoy your self, and loose hours of time to it :D if this is your sort of thing

Yes, I find the only games I really enjoy these days are ones where I have to use my brain a little bit which rules out a lot of the slop that comes out.

@montymint funny you say that because I just packed up my base to go and get some copper because it was 300 m away from the iron and I thought should I be doing this, but then it clearly says in the little tips thing about it's fine to do so as you get all your stuff back.

Too tired to play tonight but I got a smelter set up.
I don't want to know the answer, but I'm going to assume there is a way for me to stop my bioreactor continually running even when I switch the smelter off because I'm not using it. I can't imagine for moment I'm supposed to run around flicking switches off to conserve power lol.

Oh and I was half joking about having a spreadsheet up but I think I might need one

Last edited:
So just spent a few hours on this again, tearing down my startup to place foundations, yeah lots of nice updates, initially the manual construction of parts is better as you press space and it auto builds until you stop it or run out of parts, I used to "automate" it by resting my phone on the space bar :cry:

And yeah as monymint said no loss when dismantling so easy to rebuild

Last edited:
I don't want to know the answer, but I'm going to assume there is a way for me to stop my bioreactor continually running even when I switch the smelter off because I'm not using it. I can't imagine for moment I'm supposed to run around flicking switches off to conserve power lol.

Been a while, but IIRC power generation only uses the resources needed to satisfy current demand anyway. You don't have to switch stuff off.

Been a while, but IIRC power generation only uses the resources needed to satisfy current demand anyway. You don't have to switch stuff off.

Hmmm odd. The smelter had nothing in the queue and yet the bar was still moving on the bioreactor. Plus the animation was loading still.
I shall check again tomorrow. It's going to be me of course.

Last edited:
Hmmm odd. The smelter had nothing in the queue and yet the bar was still moving on the bioreactor. Plus the animation was loading still.
I shall check again tomorrow. It's going to be me of course.
The animation definitely still plays regardless, but a quick test here confirms it's not using any fuel when nothing is drawing power.

Managed a couple of hours to reacquaint myself after a few releases off (last played 7). Made automated iron, copper and cement.

Will automate biofuel tomorrow and expand the factory before the long trek to find coal

Time to call it a night, got my first coal generator running, just need to wait on parts to build a few more but I overclocked it and it's covering all my energy usage right now so no more biofuel for me :)

I've hit coal power and blade runners, still not sure where to setup my base though, I wanted to do grasslands, but there is a lot of crap flying through the air constantly, I may end up back in the desert lol

Damn you guys don't hang around to be at coal already! I've got as far as a janky spaghetti mess producing plates, rod, wire and solid biofuel and thought that was good. Still, I've got all the milestones unlocked and starting building the platform for a proper starter factory. I also found a couple hdd's giving me the iron ingot straight to screws (cast screw I think?) and the other gave me extra inventory space which is always handy at the start.

Back
Top Bottom