Satisfactory Alpha release

• Thread starter Thread starter wnb
  • Start date Start date
I know I don’t have the benefit of loads of early access training, but not sure how some people are flinging together structures / starter factories so quickly, as I find the placement of things quite fiddly currently as everything seems too zoomed in, ie buildings are larger than FOV. Assume gets much easier when we can hover!

It does get a little easier with hover - especially the electric hoverpack as it runs off electricity so as long as you have power poles near you can fly indefinitely. As you're new to this, I don't know how much you already know but for you can press R to change build mode. For foundations, this is great as zoop mode lets you click and place 10 foundations in a row. Snapping also helps massively - on 2m or 4m foundations you can hold ctrl to snap to the world grid (1m does snap but it's slightly off the world grid so best to at least start with a 2m or 4m foundation). Any buildings next to each other, especially things like rows of smelters you can place the first then hold ctrl and the others will snap align to it. Another tip that I don't think is explained anywhere is you can copy paste recipes - so if you set a smelter to iron ingots, look at it so you get the prompt to press E, you can then ctrl+C then look at others the same way to ctrl+v. Copy/pasting is only a little time saving but saves a few clicks on every building which is especially useful early game before having the blueprint builder.

Seeing that biomass can be automated, What's the rush to coal now?

Also, how can I tell how much power all my battery storage can pump out, can't seem to see anything on the graph?

I didn't get told I was slow, no, maybe not reached that point yet :D

It gives a message when you build the first coal power generator.

Seeing that biomass can be automated, What's the rush to coal now?

Automated how? You still need to feed leaves and wood into it, right? It ends up being a lot of busywork, I think, especially as your power demands grow.

Automated how? You still need to feed leaves and wood into it, right? It ends up being a lot of busywork, I think, especially as your power demands grow.
You could have a storage unit feed a constructor that produces biomass that feeds a constructor that produces solid fuel and then feeds to a biomass burner which now has an input, but yes you still need to get them manually initially

Last edited:
Got a 4.08GB patch coming down on Epic version.

Patch Notes: v1.0.0.1 – Build 366202​

Patch Notes

Hi Pioneers!

Hello again everyone, we want to say thanks for such an amazing reception to our 1.0 release. It has been incredible for all of us, and we really appreciate your enthusiasm

With that said, we have noticed that some of you are having issues that might prevent you from playing, so here are some fixes that will hopefully allow you to enjoy the game as well

If there are other problems that you still think need to be addressed, please let us know over at our QA Site https://questions.satisfactorygame.com/ Your posts have been extremely helpful so far and we read them all every day

Most of the team is taking a small break this Friday and Monday to recharge our batteries after the release, so we might take a bit more time to prepare the next set of fixes

In the meantime, you can check our Known Issues section below for information and workarounds if you’re still experiencing issues.

We hope you all continue enjoying our game and have a lot of fun over the weekend. See you soon <3

BUG FIXES

• Fixed an issue where Coal Generators would stop working after interacting with them in some scenarios
  • Fixed a crash when chainsawing certain foliage
  • Please note that some foliage cannot be removed with the chainsaw currently, but it is removable by the Nobelisk
  • Removed the remaining functionality to take high-res screenshots while using photo mode since it was previously broken and causing crashes
  • Fixed two crashes related to AbstractInstance that could occur when joining specific saves in Multiplayer or Dedicated Servers
  • Fixed several crashes related to both hosting and joining multiplayer sessions
UI

• Removed the suggested driver version popup for AMD drivers
  • Added a new tooltip on the Language selection menu
    • Some community translated languages are missing due to new and rewritten content for 1.0 that hasn’t had time to be translated yet. These will be added over time as more gets translated. If you’d like to help with translations, please join our Discord!
DEDICATED SERVERS

• Fix for Dedicated Server Manager/HTTP API not binding to the correct bind address when there is only one network adapter in the system or multihome active, resulting in Server Manager not working.
KNOWN ISSUES

[Installation] 1.0 doesn’t download

• Please make sure to exit Steam or the EGS launcher fully, or try verifying the game's files, and reattempt downloading the game.
[Installation (Steam)] There is an .exe error when launching the game

• Please restart Steam and verify the game's files.
There are languages missing

• These are the only officially supported languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified & Traditional Chinese.
A lot of translations for Satisfactory have been community driven, which means that every other language previously available (and potential new ones) needs to be translated by the community, before being added as community translations once more.

A lot of people in the community have already shown interest in helping us out with translations and we are ever so grateful to you all and we'll update translations in game as they come in! If you want to help out check out info on our Discord. Please note that you need to have been part of the server for a time to be eligible for this.

I Can't Switch supported Languages (workaround available)

• If you still have any issue switching between officially supported languages, a quick fix for this is to exit the game, rename the **%LOCALAPPDATA%\FactoryGame\Saved\Config* folder to **%LOCALAPPDATA%\FactoryGame\Saved\Old_Config*, then launch the game.
Plugin Error on launch (workaround available)

• This is related to mods installed. Mods currently do not work with 1.0 so please make sure to disable or even delete all your mods, until they are updated!
[Crash] Shader Cache (workaround available)

• Users may experience the following Fatal Error when booting up the game: [File:C:\BuildAgent\work\b731a33f2a691e17\UE4\Engine\Source\Runtime\RHI\Private\PipelineStateCache.cpp] [Line: 365] Shader compilation failures are Fatal.
This can be fixed by forcing DirectX 11 (dx11) as the rendering API via the launch command: -dx11

Video of how to set dx11 as a launch option:

Text information on how to set launch options: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Glossary:Command_line_argument

I can’t see the Early Access reward (Epic Games)

• Everyone that has supported us during Early Access will receive some rewards upon starting up the game in 1.0, in the form of a new Helmet, Build Gun, and Trinket for said gun.
These rewards currently don’t appear on the EGS version of Satisfactory 1.0 - we know who you are and are currently working on getting this sorted! Thank you all so much for all the support!

White static effect over the game (AMD Radeon 5000 Series GPUs, possibly others)

This issue seems to be caused by broken AMD GPU drivers. Some workarounds on current drivers are:

• Try disabling upscaling
  • If you really want to use upscaling, try using something other than FSR
  • If you really want to use FSR, try changing the value of the FSR application by single digit increments towards either the lower or higher end of your current settings
  • Force DirectX 11 as the rendering API through the launch command: -dx11
Mouse sensitivity feeling sluggish with V-Sync turned on

• We’re currently investigating an issue where some players experience very sluggish mouse movement with V-Sync turned on. In the meantime, we recommend playing with V-Sync turned off if the mouse controls feel overly annoying.
Players starting at tier 2 on Dedicated Servers

• Players are currently starting off at tier 2 upon entering the game on Dedicated Servers, skipping past tier 1. We’re currently looking into limiting the skipped parts of the game on Dedicated Servers to the intro sequence only (tier 0), and possibly even enabling players to experience tier 0 on Dedicated Servers as well.

Last edited:

I just imagined chucking loadsa leaves or wood in a storage container and it can feed it.
I guess, yeah it's still not automated, but better than putting 200 things at a time in max.

I just imagined chucking loadsa leaves or wood in a storage container and it can feed it.
I guess, yeah it's still not automated, but better than putting 200 things at a time in max.
I always just built excess burners to simply slow the rate each would burn through fuel, saved needing to top them up all the time, but to be fair once you know how to get to coal quickly it's just the easier option to speed run that section a little.

Iron pipes... coupled with iron wire which definitely still exists will enable motor production from iron alone, that makes me very happy indeed :D

You could have a storage unit feed a constructor that produces biomass that feeds a constructor that produces solid fuel and then feeds to a biomass burner which now has an input, but yes you still need to get them manually initially
This is what I'm doing at the moment.
Have a series of Biofuel burners each fed with solid fuel through number of mergers & splitters.
It's a bit of a grind keeping that storage unit topped up though.

One thing is for sure, the game is a lot easier when you're playing on a dedicated server, log out at the end of the day, everything carries on running overnight and the next day when you log back in you've got thousands of every part made. I put in hundreds and hundreds of hours during the early access but didnt bother putting it onto my server until 1.0 dropped and its a world of difference

So for anyone who has this on steam, does the artwork still show Update 5 for you? Both the library box cover, and the background picture/logo say Update 5 for me :confused:

Finally, after all these years, I've managed to actually learn to do curved roads :)

Screenshot20240913-17093900000.png

Out of curiosity, how many of you play with creature aggression turned off?
Nope, part of the game for me, plus not sure how it would affect creatures that now appear to /spoilers not gonna say it lol.
Can you explain exactly what the challenge is with a curved road without spoiling anything or not?
The system is not designed to build them, you have to mess around a lot to get them working.

Back
Top Bottom