School logo creation

Soldato
First off, I hate making these threads to the extent that I've never made one — primarily because it feels like trying to extract a freebie off someone — but I thought I'd try to get some creative juices flowing, because mine certainly haven't been this week!

I'm currently redesigning our school logo to bring it up to date a bit and add a (rather rubbish IMO) slogan, but I'm really struggling to find something I like.

The requirements are:
School name: Seahouses Middle School
Slogan: Believe, Achieve and Succeed
Featuring an RNLI lifeboat (Mersey Class if possible!).

The current school logo to show what we're using at the moment:

schoollogo.png

Any of you fine fellows fancy having a shot?

Soldato
I'm no good at this sort of thing, so i cant draw a logo for you.
I did recently look into getting some jackets made up at work with our logo embroidered on them (i assume the school logo will be embroidered on all of the school uniforms?)

There are lots of different colours in your design which makes embroidery more complicated/expensive.

It also looks like it would be difficult to do all the fine detail on the deck of the boat and the water at the bottom.

Our logo is a single rectangular block of solid colour with our 3-letter company name on it in a different single colour. I had to get samples from 3 different companies before I found one that looked right.

Soldato
Why must it have the lifeboat on there? Doesn't seem to say "school" to me?

Granted, the current logo looks like it was made in paint in the early 90's, but why not come up with some modern suggestions as well? the school might really like them.

Soldato
OP
I'm no good at this sort of thing, so i cant draw a logo for you.
I did recently look into getting some jackets made up at work with our logo embroidered on them (i assume the school logo will be embroidered on all of the school uniforms?)

There are lots of different colours in your design which makes embroidery more complicated/expensive.

It also looks like it would be difficult to do all the fine detail on the deck of the boat and the water at the bottom.

Our logo is a single rectangular block of solid colour with our 3-letter company name on it in a different single colour. I had to get samples from 3 different companies before I found one that looked right.

We use a simpler design for the uniforms. Flat text and probably 5 colours for the water. About 12 years ago I redid this to add a bit more depth to the water and simplified the lifeboat (I scanned a school jumper!). The text with the glow was for the letterhead and website.

You can use this image freely, I wont charge.

Y2ccEuQ.png
Much appreciated, but I'll be honest, I might wait to see if some else inspires me. :D

Why must it have the lifeboat on there? Doesn't seem to say "school" to me?

Granted, the current logo looks like it was made in paint in the early 90's, but why not come up with some modern suggestions as well? the school might really like them.
Agreed, it doesn't say school at all, but most (small scale) school logos don't. Like I said, it was a flattened image scanned from a jumper. An old colleague absolutely hated it, and I'm not a fan either, but the lifeboat volunteers features heavily in our community. We're only a village of 1500 or so, but with a major tourist swell and with Holy Island and the Farnes just around the corner, the lifeboat volunteers must be some of the busiest in the country, so the RNLI are one of our main charities and we're happy to support and raise awareness for them wherever we can.

Last edited:
Soldato
Personally I'd look at doing something around the RNLI flag as opposed to a boat, it's simpler, classier and more suitable for the school.

Buildmyeshop, that's far too complicated imho and tbh, still looks like you made it in paint in the 90's.

I'm editing 800 photos at the moment, but if I get chance afterwards i'll have a go.

Soldato
OP
Personally I'd look at doing something around the RNLI flag as opposed to a boat, it's simpler, classier and more suitable for the school.

Hmm, that's an idea. Will try to have a play on Monday myself.

I'm editing 800 photos at the moment, but if I get chance afterwards i'll have a go.

That would be much appreciated. :)

Back
Top Bottom