Scratched Macbook after repair

Associate
Hi,

Recently had my 2016 Macbook Pro Retina in for a battery replacement due to the recent battery recall, and when I got it home from the Apple store I noticed a number of surface scratches and a deep scratch about 2cm long.

When I dropped it off it was imaculate even the guy who booked it in commented how new it looked, I have a copy of the booking in form where it states "As New". Unfortunately due to plans later in the day I did not spend the time checking it over in store, kinda regret that now although I never thought id get it back in worse condition than when I dropped it off.

I have contacted apple support who have booked it in again at the same store, just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this? Just a bit concerned its a wasted trip if they claim I scratched it and wont do anything about it!

Thanks.

Soldato
Hi,

Recently had my 2016 Macbook Pro Retina in for a battery replacement due to the recent battery recall, and when I got it home from the Apple store I noticed a number of surface scratches and a deep scratch about 2cm long.

When I dropped it off it was imaculate even the guy who booked it in commented how new it looked, I have a copy of the booking in form where it states "As New". Unfortunately due to plans later in the day I did not spend the time checking it over in store, kinda regret that now although I never thought id get it back in worse condition than when I dropped it off.

I have contacted apple support who have booked it in again at the same store, just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this? Just a bit concerned its a wasted trip if they claim I scratched it and wont do anything about it!

Thanks.
Any updates ? Might have to do a similar thing.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies. I’ll be honest I didn’t bother taking it back, completely forgot about them now if I’m honest and you really do need to angle the top under light to see them.

Edit, plus my best mate and wife both called me an idiot for contemplating returning lol

Man of Honour
I'd have taken it back. If you ever sell it then you'll have to knock a little money off for the marks. They aren't just scratches, they are money out of your pocket.

Associate
OP
I wont be selling this, by the time I am ready to trade up to a new one ill just offload it to a member of the familly. I dont intend on upgrading for a good while yet, only use it for browsing the web, youtube and finances etc.

If I did intend on selling it in the next year or so I would have definately taken it back!

Back
Top Bottom