Screen burn: Dell 1907FP

Soldato
Got two of these, but one of them is doing strange things...

I opened up Matlab and it was there for a couple of minutes at most, I've now got ghosting towards the bottom of the screen of elements of the Matlab window. When I was at home during easter break, I had my monitors swapped round and noticed something similar previously on the same panel but thought nothing of it. Now that it's happened again, I'm guessing it's something persistent.

What do I do to go about sorting it? Some kind of photo to Dell, or just speak to them on the phone?

Anyone else had something similar?

burnsxg5.jpg

Tried to catch it best I can, right in the middle is a scroll button. Ironically I noticed it while browsing the forums... It's only towards the bottom of the screen, in a strip across between the pink lines.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's burning from the sounds of it. If you have a quick google you may get a few results to programs which will flash and do all sorts of fancy things in order to get your screen back to normal. They're more popular for stuck pixels but they seem to bundle the two problems into the supposed 'solution' program.

I've also read you can stick to a single colour background and change every now and again.

Best to await some expert opinion on burning as I'm not that experienced with it. :)

Soldato
OP
It's now doing it with another program I've had open, similarity is white and grey in the area it's doing it. Only shows up on blue background of forums, not when I set my wallpaper to be solid black...

EDIT: found it becomes clearest on grey wallpaper, got some more photos of it should they want them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom