Screen prob!!!

Associate
Got Acer laptop inspire 5102 i think, Did a fresh install of XP home & my desktop pic wont fit the screen?

In display props,settings i,ve set RES to 1024x768 but i,m getting two black lines one each side of the moniter..... I have an option to (Extend my windows desktop onto this moniter & its ticked but blacked out?

Updated ATI drivers but have,nt had any luck, Wondering if anyone knows whats wrong?

Thx in advance Shotgun

Associate
I'm not sure of the exact options, as I'm not running a standard driver myself, so I have a cut down version of the ATI control panel, but I think I can point you in roughly the right direction.

Somewhere in the display options, I think you should be able to find a section of settings named "displays". In this section there should be options along the lines of "Expand to full panel size" and "Expand while maintaining aspect ratio". I'm guessing with a different driver you may have slight variations on the naming and location of those options, but I think it is these options that are causing your problem and need to have "Expand to full panel size" selected.

I seem to remember by default when setting up my laptop, I had to specifically set the option here to make sure the whole display was being used (kind of a no brainer really... I don't know why it wasn't just a default option).

Hope that helps anyhoo!

Steve O

Associate
OP
I'm not sure of the exact options, as I'm not running a standard driver myself, so I have a cut down version of the ATI control panel, but I think I can point you in roughly the right direction.

Somewhere in the display options, I think you should be able to find a section of settings named "displays". In this section there should be options along the lines of "Expand to full panel size" and "Expand while maintaining aspect ratio". I'm guessing with a different driver you may have slight variations on the naming and location of those options, but I think it is these options that are causing your problem and need to have "Expand to full panel size" selected.

I seem to remember by default when setting up my laptop, I had to specifically set the option here to make sure the whole display was being used (kind of a no brainer really... I don't know why it wasn't just a default option).

Hope that helps anyhoo!

Steve O

Is this through the catalyst ATI settings?

Associate
Yes, I believe so. Though I don't have the catalyst control centre installed, so it's hard to be certain that I've given you the correct names it uses for those settings (but I assume they will be similar if not identical).

Back
Top Bottom