Screen Protection On Samsung Monitor

Associate
I have just taken delivery of a new Samsung monitor The installation guide "do and don't" instructions shows a diagram of a hand starting to remove the screen protection with a big X on the diagram. Is this correct? Should I leave the screen protection on which I think may distort the image? I would have though that Samsung knows best, but this baffles me.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Man of Honour
I have just taken delivery of a new Samsung monitor The installation guide "do and don't" instructions shows a diagram of a hand starting to remove the screen protection with a big X on the diagram. Is this correct? Should I leave the screen protection on which I think may distort the image? I would have though that Samsung knows best, but this baffles me.

Any comments would be appreciated.
No idea what that’s supposed to represent but yes def remove the plastic protective film

Man of Honour
Very odd. Like I say, def remove the plastic cover. Maybe they mean don’t try and peel away the actual panel coating or something!

Soldato
That is definatly telling you not to peel off the panel coating,

Many people have tried and damaged the screen as some of them dont go all the way to the bezels and give the impresion its a screen protector film.

Associate
That is definatly telling you not to peel off the panel coating,

Many people have tried and damaged the screen as some of them dont go all the way to the bezels and give the impresion its a screen protector film.
This is exactly what's it's saying.
Most monitors do not come with a removable film on the screen.
Some people will notice a film and try to peal it when in fact it's the coating that makes the image visible.

It's a very expensive mistake to make.

Back
Top Bottom