Screen scrape for non programmer

Associate
Hi,

Having had many a conversation with the UK Hydrographic Office this week I now have a license to reproduce their data. However, the data is only on their website and they have no plans to produce a data feed/API in the near future. They have suggested I screescrape to get the data and that is where I need your help.

The information I need is on this page: "http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/EasyTide/EasyTide/ShowPrediction.aspx?PortID=0033&PredictionLength=7". All I need is the image and the 7 day prediction which is all nicely collected together as a series of tables. Can anyone suggest software to do this that will then update my page once a day?

I am no programmer beyond HTML, CSS and my beloved JQuery. I fear PHP will need to be used which I have only used in its most basic forms. Is there any easy answer or will I need to get to grips with another language to make this work the way I need it to? If it helps I am running on a Linux box and all my pages are .php as I am using includes so that may be useful info (or not!).

Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom