SD card slimline mount

Soldato
Hiya,

I'm looking for something like this...

** No competitor linking **

jMWDB.jpg

That's just for a CF card though.

I would like to mount a card reader in a 5.25 slimline slot.

Anybody ever seen one anywhere?

Associate
I bet there is a retailer in the US stock them over here your best bet is eBay. Even then it will probably require some slight modding, there are plenty of multi-card readers but none solely support just CF cards.

Soldato
OP
Ooops! Sorry about that OC.

I'm not after a reader with CF, I'm after one that'll do SD cards etc, but will fit in a slimline optical drive slot like the adapter above.

If anyone knows where to get one, could they PM me please, rather than posting links. I know OC don't do adapters such as the one I'm after.

Soldato
Ooops! Sorry about that OC.

I'm not after a reader with CF, I'm after one that'll do SD cards etc, but will fit in a slimline optical drive slot like the adapter above.

If anyone knows where to get one, could they PM me please, rather than posting links. I know OC don't do adapters such as the one I'm after.

What about one of the USB-SD card readers? OR do you need it built into the case?

Soldato
OP
It's become moot now as I'm building the PC any more.

Or at least the idea for it has been put on hold.

Was going to be for an ITX build with only one drive bay. A Slimline optical drive leaves some space there.

Seems there's not a lot going on in the world of slimline adapters...

Though Lian li do a 5.25 bay with room for a slimline optical and 2x2.5 HDs, which is a nice use of space.

Associate
It's become moot now as I'm building the PC any more.

Or at least the idea for it has been put on hold.

Was going to be for an ITX build with only one drive bay. A Slimline optical drive leaves some space there.

Seems there's not a lot going on in the world of slimline adapters...

Though Lian li do a 5.25 bay with room for a slimline optical and 2x2.5 HDs, which is a nice use of space.

Silverstone do a slot loader with room for 4 2.5" drives. ;)

Associate
Well looking at the back side of this card reader: http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/produc...ex=333&cl_index=2&sc_index=6&ss_index=121&g=f

It has the SD, CF and an eSATA/USB port on the top PCB, so could easily be modified to fit into something like the SilverStone or Lian Li Laptop slim ODD converters. Just cut some holes to line up, and screw it down.

Or maybe this one: http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/produc...ex=301&cl_index=2&sc_index=6&ss_index=120&g=f

Similar thing, cannot see the back, but its one port, probably 1 PCB, could easily fit into something else. I dont think Its going to be easy to find one of those blanking plates with one though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom