SD Card Support

Soldato
Hello,

I have a 512mb Sandisk, it was working fine however today i popped a new album on it.

I then inserted it into my phone and its not getting recognised, so i pop it back in the pc and all i am getting is a 'auto play' (search like, scroll) and it does nothing, stops and starts autoplay

so i have turned autoplay off and no luck, how can i some how get the card to either work, or format to then reload the tunes and work?

Thanks

Associate
We've had similar trouble with SD cards (including Sandisk) on my current project - we're running a 300mb database from a card on a Pocket PC device.

Most of our problems have stemmed from people using the cards in USB card readers, and then not unmounting the reader properly before removing the card.

We've also had general unreliability issues, but I believe a lot can be attributed to the way the card is formatted.

I would suggest just reformatting your card, and take it from there.

cheers
v.f.

Associate
You should be able to right click the card in explorer and select "Format".

You can also try formatting from the command line e.g. "format f:" (where f: is the drive assigned to your card reader).

cheers
v.f.

Associate
Yeah, I recall we had one really stubborn card that we couldn't recover until we tried it with another make of card reader. Know anyone with a different card reader you could try?

cheers
v.f.

Back
Top Bottom