SD card Volume ID

Soldato
Folks... is it possible to change the Volume ID of a SD card... e.g. the digit starting with XXXX-XXXX when using on an android device?
If so, how do I go about doing this... quick google didnt yield an obvious answer for me, but any advice from the good OCUK folk would be appreciated.

Soldato
I think you do it like this:
But you'd have to use a pc. Do you have access to one? Right click the SD card partition, and click “Advanced” and then “Change Serial Number”,and then it'll show up different on the Android device.

:)

Soldato
OP
Hi Vortex thanks for coming back.
Yes I copied the contents of one SD card to another and it needs to be EXACTLY the same, including the Volume ID.
Yes I do have a PC...
Where do I click on Advanced exactly? In which program?

Soldato
Look at some china suppliers for customizable CID SD cards, will likely mean there's some waiting time, but the CID isn't something you're supposed to be able to change/reprogram. Some cloning utilities might pull off volume or serial cloning(ie. not just data), but it might be surface level spoofing and depending on what your use case is, this may or may not work for your needs.

Soldato
What is that link??? goes to something completely different.
Sorry mate. I don't know what happened there, linked it from my phone and just had a look on my pc. Strange.

Link working properly here:

yes it was the AOMEi app. I linked you to, was it the non-pro you used,which was free?!

Back
Top Bottom