sealant for gap between floor and skirting

Soldato
Hi

We have floor tiles in the conservatory and when they were fitted they used a white rubber sealant around the edges that meets the skirting board, want to change it as its a bit messy in places.

There isn't a gap so to speak but it finishes it off nicely, but as said in places it has pulled away from skirting where its not stuck very well.

The product they used seems a bit cheap quality as it doesn't stick very well, can anyone recommend a good quality sealant?

Silicone would function better, but if you ever want to paint the skirting other than white the silicon won't hold the paint. The original stuff is probably caulk which is used because it can be painted but doesn't flex much so often cracks.

I use some stuff called Bona Gap Master - you can get it off loads of retailers if you google around. It's designed exactly for this.

When you pout it down, use Frogtape to mask the area off, then paint it over white, and it looks pretty good. Doesn't shrink or crack or anything.

tip: I match the Gapmaster to my floor colour rather than the skirting colour then go over it with paint.

Back
Top Bottom