Seasonic 430W

Associate
Hi,
I am planning to buy one of these power supplies. (Seasonic 430W).

I am also planning to buy a PCI express card. ATI X1800XT.

I have read on a web site that it lacks a PCI express connector and I am afraid that I would not be able to use it with the graphics card I have in mind.

Am I right or wrong??

Waiting for your replies.

Thanks
newera

williamw11 said:
An adaptor should be supplied to run it off the psu.

I've got one running here with an AGP card, but although i dont exactly know what a pci-e adapter looks like.. i'm pretty sure there wasnt one there

Hi all,

So are you saying that I will have no problems if I buy that power supply together with a PCI express card?

Thanks

newera said:
Hi all,

So are you saying that I will have no problems if I buy that power supply together with a PCI express card?

Thanks

Nooo, i said that i'm pretty sure there wasnt an adapter when i bought this psu.

benjo said:
I've got one running here with an AGP card, but although i dont exactly know what a pci-e adapter looks like.. i'm pretty sure there wasnt one there

A PCI-E adapter is 6 pins in a block 2x3. It depends when you got your PSU but if the Seasonic is ATX 2.0 compliant it must have that connector.

There should be an adapter with the graphics card which combines two molex plugs into one PCI-E one but if not they cost a couple of pounds from most computer shops.

Yes it is actually ATX2.0 compliant.

I was asking because since I saw that it does not have PCI-E connectors I thaught I would not be able to power up the graphics card.

Anyway since you are saying that I will not have problems I will buy that PSU.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom